The Mother Board
Am I spamming?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Forum Problems/Errors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaosKid
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Am I spamming? Reply with quote

Hello

I've noticed the last few time I've been in my profile/control panel that I get a statement at the top asking me to "confirm that I am not going to spam the forum". Is there a reason that is showing up in my profile? I do use "noscript" in Firefox, is that (banner-type, not a pop-up) coming up because a script is being blocked? I have allowed motherboards.org to run scripts as a trusted site, but is there another domain that I am supposed to be giving explicit permission to?

Thanks for your help.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is there for everybody.

System error, strike any user to continue...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KaosKid
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh!

I happened to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and saw the tickbox for this very purpose. Never noticed it there before. Sorry for the dumb question... eye roll
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only dumb question is the one never asked. Welcome to the forum.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
foryourjunkmail
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: registration spammer box Reply with quote

It would be nice if they indicated before registration submission that checking the no I'm not a spammer box is mandatory. You end up having to type your password four times before you register.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone not believing it is mandatory deserves to have to fill it in 5 times before gaining access to the forums and get banned as soon as that person is in fact, spamming razz

foryourjunkmail
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: usability Reply with quote

Sounds like someone doesn't believe in usability testing. This can easily be handled on the client side with a little Java script. I don't know if this is a for profit venture if so you lose customers right at registration. Then again it works as a filter for those who are lazy. To others its is just annoying.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, tried that a while ago, the problem with scripting is that there's always people that make other scripts to counter the original script. this part of the website is not commercial as far as I know, it's the main site that makes money...

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forget everytime I update my profile. No biggie. It's a heck of a lot better than unreadable Captcha images.........

and for the million hours that we were....well I'll smile and remember them all, then I'll turn and go....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MariaN73
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question. Im so glad that somebody already submitted the answer. Thank you so much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Forum Problems/Errors All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: