The Mother Board
Convertingt iMac Shell to PC (has it been done before?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> System Modification
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garfeild_Cat
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Convertingt iMac Shell to PC (has it been done before?) Reply with quote

I read a really good artical on how someone redesigned an Apple G4 system case to house a PC. Now I know the G4 case is way bigger than the space inside an iMac ....... BUT..... I would like to use the "innards" (crt and PS ) and the "Shell" of the iMac to make a PC owned .

I am sure that I read that someone has done that mod before... But I can not find any data on it.

((Yes I did a search on google with over 1000 pages looked at....)

1) If anyone knows where a site that has done the mod is please either post or reply (e-mail)

2) Ideas for a mainboard with a VERY small foot print. (Space in the shell is VERY limited, (shape of shell).... if the MB uses header pins that would be even better as they are easier to route. ((Read BURN and CHOP the case to fit big grin big grin ))

Thanks to all in advance (will thank later also)... I have been reading this forum for sometime and have found the READ always worth "free time" (little that is available) WELL SPENT!
gudiniho
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:44 am    Post subject: ..... Reply with quote

Imacs suck balls.
The Disturbance
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed
gudiniho
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: damned right! Reply with quote

Damned right!
MicrowavedWater
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MACS RULE... Shut your mouth(mine has NEVER crashed, wish i could say that for my PC... :LOL: ).

anyway, if you go to macworld.com you can get instuctions on how to upgade an iMac. There you can find the placement fo the drives, etc.
BUT, good luck b/c you wont be able to get any PCI or AGP cards (basically EVERYTHING has to be onboard.....
Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum, AMD athlon XP 2100+, Geforce3 Ti500, Western Digital 40GB 7200 RPM, Lite-on 16x DVD, Lite-on 40x12x48 CD-RW, *NEW* 400 watt power supply, AND a ahanix Platinum Xp case... lachen
gudiniho
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Oh.......you are serious.......
MicrowavedWater
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

enough said
Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum, AMD athlon XP 2100+, Geforce3 Ti500, Western Digital 40GB 7200 RPM, Lite-on 16x DVD, Lite-on 40x12x48 CD-RW, *NEW* 400 watt power supply, AND a ahanix Platinum Xp case... lachen
gudiniho
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:40 pm    Post subject: What are you trying to say? Reply with quote

And you are not laughing. Give it time, it will sink in how wrong you really are. Then you will laugh.
psyte
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's going to be one expensive mod. And why the would you want a PC in an iMac shell anyways - it's not like they look good or anything! This is just wrong in so many ways.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Garfeild_Cat
Initiate
Initiate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 4:42 pm    Post subject: Why NOT??? Reply with quote

Hmmmmm Lets see BECAUSE I WANT TO!

Do I really need any other reason???

Ok... For the challenge and because I can (if I can find a small enough MB/ setup)

THATS WHY...

Just curious why do you breath??? Because you want to and can......

(granted breathing is required

at least for mamalian life forms..... lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> System Modification All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: