The Mother Board
Folding Problems......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Strider
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Folding Problems...... Reply with quote

I have been folding for years, but have been using the graphic intensive version and would like to switch to the version that runs in the background but am not sure how to proceed.

Do I need to fully unload the current version or what?

It has been soooo long since I have visited the Stanford site that I can't remember my user-name and password but have tried contacting the moderators there but they haven't responded.

Is there any way to switch versions without having to log onto their site?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Strider
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Console client is the best option. You can set it for a service-type launch, to automatically begin when the computer starts. But if the computer is used for other intensive purposes, then the F@H program may not shut down totally. Best is to have it as a non-service launch, so you can start/stop it as needed. Get the Console program from Stanford, and simply load it into your folder. Each process would need a separate Console control. I run two instances on my P4/3.2 \setup with no conflicts. I manually control the processes from desktop icons, but the processes could also be linked in the "Start Up" portion of the main menu.
If you begin anew with the Console version, you may loose your ranking and points from all previous work. Best to query Stanford on that issue. But if you run the configuration process first, then there should be no gaps in your status and work.
http://folding.stanford.edu/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: