Passkey Woes

This forum is for discussions about the Motherboards.org Folding team. What is folding? Venture on in for a look.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Passkey Woes

Postby Ghen » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:30 am

First off a common question is copy/paste with the passkey.. this works by right clicking the title bar of the console window and choosing edit->paste when you're at the passkey prompt..

But anyway, my problem is I have no idea what email address I used to generate the passkey. I tried all of them and all of them gave me a different key instead of giving an error for a non-linked email. There's no way that I know of to find what email is linked to my account. Anyone run into issues with passkeys?

I wouldn't mind just deleting the passkey system from my name all together but thats not possible either.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:17 pm

Can't you just leave it blank?

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:41 pm

I guess you have visited this link.. http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-passkey
If using FireFox, go into Tools/Options/Security, and expand the window with all your passwords. You would also want to 'show all' passwords.
Any that relate to the F@H Console passkey should be deleted, and that would solve the issue, allowing a new passkey to be entered and remembered.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ghen » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:05 am

Well I only had 3 computers running at the time, so I just picked one of the passkeys generated and reconfigured them. Now I know that the correct passkey is stored in gmail online as well as on my thumb drive with the console installer.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to Motherboards.org Folding Team