Project Panzerbox: A Tribute to Wolfenstein

Resources, guides, discussions for modding your system.

Postby Mnpctech.com » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:33 pm

I have to make vinyl appliques tonight for all of those holes in the handle beofre I can paint it tommorrow..ouch
Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:57 am

Instead of masking off 56 holes with tape and cutting them with exacto knife, to save time we made a sheet of 3/8" circle vinyl appliques last night to cover the cross drill holes before painting the top carry handle

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:45 pm

I got the Matte Black finish for the top carry handle done today.

I really like the contrast of aluminum with Matte Black.

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CustomPCMAX » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:53 pm

Absolutely amazing! I love the matte black and aluminum contrast with the holes unpainted.
CustomPCMAX
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Mnpctech.com » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks bro!

We just got confirmation Razer is onboard as our new sponser! Thank you Razer!
We'll be using the Lycosa keyboard and new Mamba wireless gaming mouse. I really look forward to trying out the Mamba!

Razer always goes above and beyond with their ultra cool packaging

We're already thinking about what to painting on the kb & mouse. Considering this dude from the new Wolfenstein. It will be the "Mwhahaha Mamba" mouse!
Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:38 pm

It's about time we mod the...
"Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro Series Sound Card"

(Say that 5 times without stumbling over the words ..Ok, so you can! lol)

We're going to paint the X-fi's faceplate, give a old steel & weathered look to fit our Panzerbox's paint job. Before you think about masking off everything, the X-fi is very easy to dismantle (Yay!) heres the pictorial guide. Oh btw, a solder iron will come handy for removing the 3, orange razer thin buttons, just heat up the 2, tabs and pull it out. You can use super glue or melt the tabs to reinstall it later

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Before painting the shroud, we need to apply a plastic adhesion coat of primer for the 120mm fan shroud on the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme. After that was cured, a couple oof coats of House of Kolor's Metallic silver was applied for the base coat, to give it more of steel look. Brad airbrushed it with shadowed features and screw heads around the shroud

The Thermalright fan was replaced with a Logysis 120mm red led fan and paintef Matte Black with Krylon's Fusion.
Black Honeycomb Modders mesh Fan grill was attached to the outside, it provides ample airflow too. It also reminds me of barbed wire. fyi: You must drill holes into the Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme shroud to attach a 120mm fan grill

The Logysis fan after being painted Matte Black with Krylon brand "Fusion" paint for plastic.
Heres the 120mm Honeycomb Fan Grill for the rear of the shroud.

The Black grill reminded me of Barbed Wire
Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Fatality X-fi control is finished

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:23 am

We plan to paint this dude from new Wolfenstein on the "Mwhahaha Mamba" mouse!

The Mamba has a new shell design that didn't want to open in the same manner as other Razer mice. The front tabs on the shell wouldn't release, it felt like the plastic would snap. Since this was a sponsered item, I'm not about to risk breaking it @ $129 retail. So for now, masking it off is a fool proof alternative.

scuffed surface

Plastic adhesion coat

We should be painting the mouse either tommorow or sunday (yes, we mod on holidays too!)
Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mnpctech.com » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:23 pm

Ok, Nate was asking me, "Is the top carry handle attached yet?" and I finally did it this morning and it works great! we just need a complete system inside to carry in it! and I should have pics of the Mamba mouse's progress posted by tommorow. I'm heading over to the paint booth after posting this.

Mnpctech.com
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to System Modification