For Half Life Fans

Like to play games? This is the place to talk about it.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed May 19, 2010 1:37 pm

Some of those older "DOS" games are still very popular. Unfortunately, the modern OS types cannot run them properly. I keep an older Pentium III Slot 1/600 running with Win 98 installed. I start in command-prompt mode, and all those golden oldies work great. The older Doom/Doom2, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem', Quake and others. Lots of mods still available for those old games, and some are as good or better than the original skits!
Heretic 2 was a "good old game" that still should work with Windows.. same with Hexen 2. Duke Nukem' Manhattan Project is something to relish, also.. but is a 'sidewinder' (joystick required). Quake 2 was good too, and had two extra "missions" that were good. Then there was Quake Arena, with very fast action! Delta Force Land Warrior and Delta Force Extreme are also worth playing. You do not need a "super computer" to run them!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby helen82 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 pm

It sounds interesting! The original Half-Life series was great, but I didn't care for Steam wanting to "hold your hand" with the second series!

A group known as "Flaming Sheep" did a mod of the original DOOM for the Doom 3 engine. That was excellent.
have a good time!
helen82
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby katlinfrench » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:49 am

Sometimes , I like to go with this game .
katlinfrench
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby davbrwn » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:48 am

katlinfrench wrote:Sometimes , I like to go with this game .

same thing
davbrwn
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to Games