The Mother Board
A Mobo to suit my new E8400 CPU??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Recommendations
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexus
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: A Mobo to suit my new E8400 CPU?? Reply with quote

Any ideas which mobo will best suit my new E8400 CPU?
Had the Asus P5N-E SLI 650i in mind. Chose this board because it supported Sli (Have ordered 2x 9600 GT 512MB G/Cards). But wondered if any of you guys had any better ideas??
ajrox
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went with the EVGA 790i tri-SLI. supports ddr3 and all of the latest quad core CPUs. i have partially assembled with
q9550
6 gb of ddr3
800watt thermaltake PSU (the new EPS or SEP or what ever it is) the PSU supports the new 8 pin mobo connector. you will need a PSU that supports it.
i use and arctic chill cooler as well and it runs at 90* F. i havent installed it in a case yet as i need to buy 3 raptor hard drives. i might go on the cheep and just use 5 seagate drives in a raid 5 array.
im gonna run vista just so i can make use of the memory i bought. not looking forward to the migration as i don't think my printer has drivers for it....
the board booted with no hassles. i was reading that i would have to mess with memory core voltage to get it to run. luckily it came with the latest BIOS that addresses the memory voltage issue.
the on board sound supposedly works very well so i might skip the sound blaster (i have went through 4 in a year and a half).

im going to get 2 cases and set them side by side and put a hing in the back to attach them and for ease of assembly. i have a little rolling type cart that i currently set my PC on. ill modify that to hold the new case.
ill run water cooling so adding the second case is a must. not sure if ill just grab a secong cheiftec "antec clone" or just go with 2 new cases. btw, all of the water cooling parts are from danger den (give them a look see).

this is my first new build in eons so im really jazzed about it!!! i am going to take my time for once and do it all up right this time. no rushing, just go slow and steady. should be running by mid February.

so ya, i would go with the EVGA 790i mobo ^^
AJ
6gb G.SKILL DDR3 16000
3X EVGA 8800gts video cards
water cooled fo sho
the rest when i get paid
PS... im gonna break 4ghz easily....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Recommendations All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: