I give up....please help

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

I give up....please help

Postby Spoiled1_ » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:09 am

i have an enpower sparx 8 computer that i can't get to boot up. i believe some of the motherboard stuff was messed with, but i have no documentation for this computer. can somebody please tell me where to find or what is the motherboard in this system so i can get a manual to make sure everything is the way it supposed to be?
Spoiled1_
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:54 am

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
Not a well-known brand name. Found some links with a Google search, but not much else besides sales offers. Here is one link describing models. Is yours close to one of them?
Without more detailed info, it isn't possible to offer specific suggestions.
Perhaps a better description of its innards, or a photo link to it would help. If you have no hosting service, then consider www.uploadit.org/ as a host. Free service, but features are limited.. as well as photo type/size. Very easy to link to for posting. Copy the address from the title bar when viewing, and paste it in your post.. then wrap the [Img] tag on it. Nearly any digital camera or cell phone will take an acceptable image, but it should be crisp to see details. use the "macro" feature to take shots within 18" of the subject.
There are many reasons for a system not to boot.. and if it has not had a battery change in more than 3 years, that may be the reason.. and a cheap fix! Other reasons range from inadequate power supply to overheating, or the 'bad caps' syndrome that has plagued the electronics industry. That refers to the capacitors on the mobo, those tubular devices that stand upright. They should have flat tops, not domed.. and should not tilt or be raised above the mobo surface. If they show signs of leakage, they are bad. More info at www.badcaps.net/ .
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:20 am

http://www.enpower.com/support_category ... %20UPDATES

Gives clues as to what kind of motherboards were used in the past, the standard run-of-the-mill just above el-cheapo boards. If it's one of the MSI boards there's a good chance it's indeed badcaps syndrome. I'll try and sift out what board was used in the Sparx 8.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:27 am

the image has gone but the text is still there:
http://www.enpower.com/showSystem.cfm?id=ENSP08
ENSP08 Enpower Sparx 8
Model ENSP08
ENPOWER SABRE ENSP08

Nothing listed for this one though. If the photo doesn't help I suggest you contact your nearest Enpower/PC Club reseller to see if they can provide you with the info.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Spoiled1_ » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:45 pm

heres a picture for the system thanx to one of my replies, i couldn't even find that on their site. [img=http://server3.uploadit.org/files/Spoiled469-sys_ENSP08_1.jpg].
i apologize for being so vague, but here are some numbers attached to the system as well as symptoms of my frustration with it~hope i don't make it too drawn out:
S/O LAFT004927
MD ENSP0840
ID R6J310134LAFT
CPU,INTE P-D820 800 2.8G 2X
193B370 - 5000013870-820
S/N X007829355
This system belonged to a friend of mine who decided one night to dismantle it, claiming to know computers and to be able to put it back together, obviously he failed at the latter of the two tasks. i haven't had the time and to be honest i don't know enough about computers to be messing with the motherboard. the system turns on, lights up, looks to go through a booting order as far as the drives go. the fans all turn, but i can't tell if the hard drive is including itself in the boot, i can't get a monitor to work with it nor a keyboard or mouse. it has the integrated features but of course has pci slots that once had stuff in them but now just open holes. i thought maybe as far as the monitor goes that it was a video card missing and bios had been changed not to use the integrated but i can't get to where i can see whats up in bios and that is another area of the computer i don't know much about except you can really screw everything up if you change the wrong thing. i was hoping to be able to get the motherboard type and see how and where everything was plugged into it thinking that was what the problem was, but i'm just not sure.
i know this is a low end system but when it was up and going before it seemed to be fairly decent, would really like to get it up and going but if its a lost cause i don't want to waste any time on it.
i hope this helps with ya trying to troubleshoot for me and i do appreciate all and any help i get on this so thank you in advance.[/url]
Spoiled1_
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:19 pm

It sounds like something is loose or missing indeed. Is there anyone in your ring of friends that might have a clue and could help you out?

I suppose I can give the troubleshooting guide:
http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... hp?t=39873

But we're firing blanks in the dark here...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:47 am

May be a simple BIOS configuration error, or a data cable that is improperly connected.
Try the "bare-bones" basic setup.
I would suggest a break down of the system, remove the processor and ensure it is compatible to the mobo intent. Same with memory. Take the mobo out of the case, place on a plain wooden or cardboard surface. Don't place on a stat bag, as the outer surface is conductive! All power and grounding needs will be taken care of by the main power plugs to the mobo. The PSU is safe to use out of the PC case, as long as the power cord is connected to a properly grounded outlet. I abhor the removal of the grounding pin on any power plug. Your life may be lost due to stray currents or voltage!

The battery for the BIOS has a life span of about 3~4 years, depending on use of the system. When it fails, the memory in the CMOS structure is corrupted, and has to be reset. The battery also runs the real-time clock when the system is not powered. If the real-time clock isn't functional, the mobo circuits may not become active. Try a new battery and a clearing of the CMOS memory.
Set up the most basic of system, with just the processor and its HS with fan.
You will need a system speaker connected to the mobo, to hear any error beeps. But you need no device cards or memory or data ribbons. The keyboard should be connected, as a very basic diagnostics aid.
The keyboard LEDs will flash once or twice on powering up, then again about 5~7 seconds later, as the POST regimen works its course. If no second flash, then a critical error was found, which halts the process.
If the system is operable, then several long beeps will be heard with just the CPU installed. If no beeps are heard, then it is either the mobo or CPU that is bad. Testing the CPU in another setup to confirm its value is recommended. And use of a known-good, compatible CPU on that setup is also recommended. If still there is no response, then the mobo is bad.
A POST diagnostics card is a handy tool to have in such instances. It displays a two-character code for each POST step, and the character set that 'hangs' can be referenced to what process or feature has failed.
They range in price from about $30.00 USD to beyond #300.00 USD.. the latter having many built-in features but is geared toward the true pro tech.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby djedo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Is there anyone who has drivers for MS 6353 VER20B?
djedo

Postby evasive » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:04 am

http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/com/ ... loads.html

Full text search software (upper right) and fill in MS-6353

Will give you the stuff for this board. OEM-only for Fujitsu-Siemens
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Enpower Sparx 8

Postby Frank Paige » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:17 pm

First .. the guy tried and probably had some Idea as to what he expected to accomplish. However , these (lower cost) boxes leave a lot to be desired. The principles cut too many corners & probably didn't know enough about their own system(s) to provide meaningful support anyway.

The Sparx 8 .. was a excellent Idea .. but it made it to my scrap heap in record time... faster than any other unit I tried to revive. And this unit
had nothing missing.. it was fully loaded (yes , I stripped it)

So, if your system has been stripped already .. forget about it

You can waste a lot of money & time and $$ discovering you could have purchased a top of the line Desktop with what you've already wasted.

Part of the problem is related to the Link between the power supply and the on-board devices(including memory). A abrupt power failure can
permanently kill some of the on-board stuff, damage drivers and short-curcuit important hard drive processes...permanently

So, you probably have one of those units.

If you are stubborn enough keep trying, you will need at least a semi-skilled body to help.

It's important that all cooling fans are connected to the Motherboard
(when applicable). Some system protection is built in and will prevent
Boot-up/start-up without everything connected)

He or she should attach a external speaker and listen for the Beeps.
(these beeps should tell them what to do next .. no beeps .. forget it)

If you do revive the BOX and think it might be usable, remember this.
(for Sparx 8 & other Enpower units)
-----------------------------------------------------------------
After a power failure (accidents included). You must physically disconnect all power to the system, before attempting to recover. The rear power switch should be off and the power-cord pulled out for 3 minutes.

Some devices (i.e. Network devices) will not work properly without a power flush.

Lastly, I've never seen any printed manuals for a ENPOWER unit.

These days, documentation comes in .PDF files on the CD (or On-line)
Frank Paige
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum