Bad bad capacitors

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:14 am

Ever since word of mouth got out on a few bulletin boards he hasn't been able to eat or sleep properly due to the amount of work. The amount of failing GX270s has skyrocketed over the past few weeks, I expect the other boards as well...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:41 am

Yes, he has been overwhelmed with work! What looked like a "niche" pastime has become a full-time operation! Definitely a need for such services, and it could be very profitable to set up a 'corporation'.
A new enterprise has been created. Have ordered several cap kits from him, and am very satisfied.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:06 am

Well, the final straw has dropped.
After almost 2 months, Chris has finally sent me an e-mail claiming that the board was "unrepairable" all the while keeping the board (not sending it back to me) and, the worst part, keeping my money!!!

My father is getting impatient. He keeps asking me where is his motherboard (I told him it would only take 15 working days). I told him that the holidays would affect it. Now, I am told that it is "unrepairable" and have not seen it or any clue that it would be sent back to me. :-| :-| :-| I am in deep trouble with my father as I had promised him all that Badcaps.net had claimed.

Please, I ask, sincerely, of you, remove the recommendation for Badcaps.net as he is a fraud, please. :-| :-| :-|
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby greytrains » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:59 pm

CivilDissent wrote:Well, the final straw has dropped.
After almost 2 months, Chris has finally sent me an e-mail claiming that the board was "unrepairable" all the while keeping the board (not sending it back to me) and, the worst part, keeping my money!!!

Sounds like ether the board was damaged when he got it or he damaged while repairing the board (easy to do if you are in a hurry.) Considering that he is keeping the board, it sounds like he may have damaged the board.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:44 pm

To top it off, along with keeping my money and not sending the board back (which I paid for in the payment anyway), he has the cpu and memory. Even if the board did not work or was damaged, I still need the parts, all of them, back to put back together so that my dad can return the computer and/or exchange it for a new one, or something of that sort. Instead, eMachines is going to say that I basically just threw away the parts, which is not true.

To sum it up, the board is damaged, the board, cpu and memory are all gone (still at badcaps.net) and my check has been cashed and the money is gone. On top of all of that, my father is going to want to know why badcaps.net did not, at least, send all of the parts back.

My gluteous is mud. :-|

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:44 am

A first and proper diplomatic approach would be to send a registered letter to the person, requesting an explanation for the reason of not returning the mobo and components, along with a reason for the reported condition. If it were damaged in shipment, then the carrier would be liable for replacement.. if it were insured.
No real threats should be voiced during the initial conciliatory stages, but indication that if satisfaction is not granted to you, some legal action may ensue. You did prepay for repairs and submitted your parts in good faith.. he should also likewise comply with any agreements.
Bad reputations precede people.. faster than good ones. Negative recommendations can be very damaging to one's enterprise, if substantiated.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:20 am

Website is currently offline.
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10055) in C:\webroot\badcaps.net\pages.php on line 4
Couldnt Connect Sir

I've checked a google cached page:

January 14th, 2008
I've had a family emergency on Sunday night, and I'll be unavailable until likely Wednesday afternoon. I'll respond to all emails at that time. This may delay some Standard speed repairs I have in shop, however, all Express jobs will still move through on schedule. This may also delay some cap kit shipments. My apologies for this, but it can't be helped. :(

Another update on the Yahoo email issue:
Their customer care finally got back with me and indicated that they had remedied the problem. I can now send to Yahoo addresses without issue. However, if you send from your Yahoo email address and receive no reply, do try a different address, just incase. I'm not having any more messages bounced from them..

Me thinks he's been a bit too busy lately. Even though it sounds bad, I think no bad intensions are there and we might give the guy some slack until everything is back on the rails.... I'll try and find an email address. I have a great deal of recommendations leaning on him.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:42 am

Chris has sent me an e-mail. He says he will return the parts. Whew!
If the cpu and memory are still workable, I may just change out the board and return the new cpu and memory that have ordered saving myself and father a load of money.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:31 pm

I thought as much. Good to see I can have faith sometimes.

As for the board: he's a human being after all, if the board suffered other damage due to the bad caps there's not much he can do about that, unregulated voltages can kill other components.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:56 am

Add the Shuttle AV49N. Yes, the same board that is in my system. Working on transferring my stuff. And quickly.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Support