A little slow for anybody else?

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:03 pm

Well, the thing about it with me was that it started being slow around 3 a.m. & I finally logged off about 4-4:30 am. Logged back on around 11 am & was on/off most of the day, it finally returned to normal around 9 pm. I suppose it's possible that there was a high traffic problem for that length of a time but usually the traffic problems that I've incurred here result in errors, not slow loading pages & they only lasted for a few hrs.

Oh well. At least the problem's gone now. :wink:
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:12 pm

On another note, the night that it went back to normal speed I wasn't getting any e-mail notifications of posts to topics I replied to for a few hrs. Then at 1:38 a.m. I got all 5-6 of them at the same time with the same time stamp. No problems with that since.
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby len444 » Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:41 pm

Johnny Mnemonic wrote:Actually I was pondering, and it was probably Doc's review on the 3000+ AMD chip that drove all the surfers to this site...

yeah, all those eyeballs (wow, almost 100,000 registered users= many eyeballs) were eye humping the site into oblivion :lol:

but seriously, isn't a dos attack the same as flooding a site w/ some kind of ip generator that mimics many users online at once, which has the effect of shutting down the site (however it's accomplished- who would consider such an act, and what is the motivation/ persuation)?
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Previous

Return to Forum Problems/Errors