I am pulling out my hair with computer crashes

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

I am pulling out my hair with computer crashes

Postby gloege » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:04 pm

For almost 2 years i been battling a problem where i get blue screens and faulty hardware. Never once in all the computers i set up or repaired have i even had an ounce of troubles this bad.
Let me run down the problems:
First 2 arock 990 fx fatality boards failed
Then it was my asus 990x board had bad experiences. Asus says capacitor issue killed pcie (pic included) replaced
Then issues came back killed ram, psu and hard drive.
Replaced everything but one hard drive i use for system cache
Then the issues cam back after multiple windows reinstallations, changing hard drives, data cables, even computer cases and video cards.

My set up:
8 gig gskill
Amd phenom 2 1045t
Evga 980 ftw
Mushkin sdd 480 gb windows
Mushkin 180 gb for cache
Toshiba p300 3tb save drive
Corsair carbide 540 useing the 3 corsair fans that came with it and a cougar vortex
Asus m5a99fx motherboard
Signal king wifi
Light on external dvd burner
Psu evga 550 g2 gold
Samsung 6000 smart tv monitor

My temps are well decent. The pc is clean. The software is up to date. I troubleshoot as much as possible. One thing i noted in the error reporting is a disruption error like power. I reseated everything, tried every combination and the gpu works on other pcs, but on mine i eventually get banding issues. See if the pics can help... THANK YOU!

Click view image to see the full pic

gloege
Initiate
Initiate

Re: I am pulling out my hair with computer crashes

Postby Roach412 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:35 am

That non-paged area error typically (at least in my experience) relates to bad hard drive areas. you mentioned you replaced your drives, but said you retained your cache drive? make sure you've run chkdsk on all drives - after each make sure to recheck system files using sfc /scannow. do you have you page file set for automatic management or directed to a specific min/max size? sometimes setting those equal to each other has fixed that for me.

that second blue screen is almost always a driver problem.

also,have you used ccleaner at all to try and weed through any old registry entries/etc.?

-R
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:18 am

"page fault in non-pged area"..
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms854882.aspx
Self-explanatory. If a device card or feature is changed or removed, the old driver should also be taken out. If a new driver is installed with the old driver still resident, could create a conflict with DLL (dynamic link library) files.
As to power issues, ensure the PSU has at least 20% more power than overall needed.. especially the +12 volt rails, one of which should be (ideally) dedicated to video power needs only. From a specs chart, that EVGA 980 draws 165 Watts nominal power.. almost 16 amps @ 12 volts!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby gloege » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:27 am

i have tried the cache on all three hard drives and it is noted that i had crashes just transferring from hard drive and hangs with checkdisk every fresh install and now after replacing everything i am getting the same problems
gloege
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Roach412 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:12 am

where is it getting hung up on chkdsk? have you left it running for a considerable length of time, like overnight(seriously, this happens)?

if you haven't successfully completed a chkdsk then I'm willing to bet you're problems are bad drive areas - which can lead to all sorts of fun BSODs.

-R
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:45 am

I'll side with Roach412 as to disk problems. Depending on hours of use, maybe near end of life cycle. But there is a better program than 'chkdsk' as to correcting problems.. Seagate® Seatools®... https://www.seagate.com/support/downloa ... in-master/
Any sector problems that are not serious may be recoverable for normal use. But once bad sectors start to form, consider a replacement drive.. soon.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby gloege » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 pm

I said i replaced all hard drive there like new an the motherboard and gpu start going iffy first then start killing otherthings... This is my third gpu and motherboard and now i am on a new set up same rma'd ssd's and hdd just a diffrent amd 990 board i think it is the 990 chipset but when it is running my mothers parts it works; but if i can look at the crash dump it tell more just c drive has no system cache due too the wear an tear i did not want and the game DYING LIGHTS' memory leak... Plus who knows if her pc would do the same i only put two days worth of testing on hers now i got two weeks plus on mine
gloege
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Roach412 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:32 am

try a different sata port, as well as different cables. I actually had major issues with similar BSODs and swapped to different (not dirt-cheap) cables and it fixed it... similarly with the ports, at the time my drives would not work on #5 or #6 - but worked perfectly on #1-4. I only wanted to use 5/6 because it made routing the cables look better - but it caused other bizarre behavior.

-R
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby gloege » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:06 pm

I have tried the main ssd on 3 boards in all sata slots, but that still would not explain the gpu banding
gloege
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:55 am

As to "gpu banding", possibly some damage from the previous incident. If a capacitor failed, that could allow higher voltage to leak into a lower voltage circuit.. possibly doing permanent damage to chips or memory. Test the video card in another system to see if the problem is with the card or not.
Check the BIOS settings as to status of SATA drives, set to 'auto' or 'JBOD' if not using a RAID setup. If the AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) feature is not active, try that.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Tech Support