Windows 10 Pro Folder Question

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows 10 Pro Folder Question

Postby c327 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:42 am

Regarding Windows 10 Pro.

Using medium sized icons in a folder. How do you disable auto arrange? Been looking for days and can’t find how to do it.

Seems like a newbie question and maybe it is but can it be done? Researched it on the web and come up with a so called registry fix but don't want to chance that. Some folders auto arrange is good but some aren't.

Doesn't any one here know anything about this problem? I know its not the computer because my other PC has gthe same issue. I see no way to be able to arrange sub folders the way I WANT that are inside a another folder. If there is a way to fix this with out a registry setting I would like to know about it because not being able to do this like in XP is a bummer.

Thanks
Last edited by c327 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Windows 10 Pro Folder Question

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:15 am

Likely a check mark at the command for 'auto-arrange' of the icons. Remove same.
Whether desktop or folder items, likely the same process.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ktop-icons
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Windows 10 Pro Folder Question

Postby c327 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Likely a check mark at the command for 'auto-arrange' of the icons. Remove same.
Whether desktop or folder items, likely the same process.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... ktop-icons

This is not about the desktop. The desktop icons are fine, its the folder icons that I created inside other folders that can't be put where I want them. No matter what I do they keep going back where they were in order via Auto Arrange. I looked all over inside this folder and in the folder property page and see nothing listed for Auto Arrange to tic or not tic.

I have read where its not a option to disable/enable Auto Arrange in Windows 10 but can be disabled via the Registry which I would rather not chance doing.

I have looked in all the normal areas and see nothing that will help?
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to Operating Systems