sfc /scannow Results

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

sfc /scannow Results

Postby c327 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:42 pm

This regards a new Sager laptop ($1800.) with Windows 10 Pro x64.

This has been an on going issue with a missing or corrupt file that the sfc scan picked up that has not been able to be corrected or repaired that I thought a clean install of the operating system would correct but it did not.

I have been going back and forth with Sager computer and believe me this is a company that has greatly disappointed me and I will never buy another product from them ever again.

I did what I assumed was a clean install of the operating system via a USB thumb drive that I think the ISO file was on. I was instructed by sager to delete all the partitions and to reinstall the operating system on one large partition which I did. Now here is where it gets hairy.

After the O.S. install was completed I ran the sfc /scannow scan and it came back good. I then updated Windows and Windows Defender which took about 2 hours to complete. After that was complete I ran the scan again and it came back bad with the same missing or corrupted file. I sent the log file of the scan to sager and they said to delete something was coming back bad regarding the graphics adapter and to delete it which I did. The scan still bad. I then deleted everything listed in the programs folder and checked the Device Manager to make sure they were gone and they were. I disconnected from the internet and ran the scan again and again it came back bad with the same missing or corrupt file and not being able to repair it.

I emailed Sager this morning and told them of this and said that being that this was a clean install of the OS. and that there was nothing installed by me other than that, that I thought either there was a hardware problem with this PC or the thumb drive was corrupted or defective. They got back to me and said " As long as you do not have problem running graphic programs, just ignore the error. Someone says it is the glitch in Windows 10" and this from the company.

I need some help with this as I have spent a lot of time with out the use of this PC.

Thanks...............all
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: sfc /scannow Results

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Any note in the System Tools/Event Viewer logs? Any fault would be flagged with a yellow or red marker.
Could just be a driver file that was not properly signed (certified) for the newer OS version WHQL standards.

When the OS installs, it will create a small hidden partition noting the partition setup, storage media type and descriptor. Part of the "baggage" Windows carries.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:10 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Any note in the System Tools/Event Viewer logs? Any fault would be flagged with a yellow or red marker.
Could just be a driver file that was not properly signed (certified) for the newer OS version WHQL standards.

When the OS installs, it will create a small hidden partition noting the partition setup, storage media type and descriptor. Part of the "baggage" Windows carries.

So how is this corrected.

When I reinstalled the operating system but before updating Windows I ran the sfc scan and it came back ok. It was after I updated Windows and ran the scan a second time that it came back corrupted/missing file.

1) Where is this corrupted file located? Is it on my Sager supplied thumb drive or is it a Microsoft's update end?

2) Why wasn't this corrupted/missing file repaired when updating Windows or running the sfc scan ?

3) Is the Sager supplied USB thumb drive that supposedly has the Windows ISO file on it defective ?

4) Why is it that just my Sager PC has this issue and not my other Windows 10 PC from HP ?
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:31 am

Is it possible or likely that the Sager supplied USB Thumb Drive that they sent me back in July 2015 is outdated and contains a defect and after installing the ISO file from it and then updating Windows the updates make note of the defect and then when I run the sfc scan this defect is reported?

But if all this is possible why didn't the sfc scan repair it ?
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:06 am

Maybe using Hijack This and doing a scan only will disclose this suspect file and its location. The master Registry for the OS has its location, purpose and signature. Not knowing the file name is like looking for a mouse in a haystack, but first find that one haystack out of hundreds!
The System 32 sub-folder in Windows is where most critical drivers are located. Unless logged on as Administrator, the folder(s) may not be accessible.
The sfc process does create a log. How to find it and read it..
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928228
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-ru ... ws-7-vista
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:25 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Maybe using Hijack This and doing a scan only will disclose this suspect file and its location. The master Registry for the OS has its location, purpose and signature. Not knowing the file name is like looking for a mouse in a haystack, but first find that one haystack out of hundreds!
The System 32 sub-folder in Windows is where most critical drivers are located. Unless logged on as Administrator, the folder(s) may not be accessible.
The sfc process does create a log. How to find it and read it..
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928228
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-ru ... ws-7-vista

Keep in mind I am dealing with Sager Midern Computer Inc. 18005 Cortney Court, City of Industry CA. 91748 (626)954-8682 Tony Yuan President regarding a new $1800. laptop that is under a full warranty.

Normally one would expect when the customer is experiencing problems with the product they bought that the company would do everything they could to make things right but not this company IMO. As the consumer faced with this problem with a covered warranty need to go through the sellers process in order to get the problem corrected unless I want to pay for it myself, which I don't.

The problem gets real bad when the customer runs up against a seller that appears to be doing everything they can to keep from repairing the product properly possibly because either they can't or don't want to which seems to be the case with this. I have cooperated with the seller (Sager) in every aspect with the problem going unresolved. Sager should have taken the computer back for a full refund a long time ago when they were apparently unable to get an exact replacement for the defective screen display, so they with out my permission replaced it with something else. Now the new issue of the sfc scan returning either a corrupted and or missing file and this is RIGHT AFTER DOING A CLEAN INSTALL OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM AND BEFORE INSTALLING AND COMPUTER DRIVERS FOR INSTALLED HARDWARE. After all the partitions were deleted and the O.S. was but BEFORE Windows was updated I ran the sfc scan and it returned no errors, it was good. It was AFTER I updated Windows and Windows Defender that the scans all came back with a corrupted/missing file that Windows was unable to repair.

I sent Sager photo's of the screen display showing exactly what Windows was saying, I also uploaded the 8 mb scan log to them. Sager told me that there is a known problem with the NVIDIA graphics adapter being compatible with Windows 10 and they went on to say it has been like that for a long time. Like this is supposed to be my problem right? Now they tell ME to look for the opencl.dll file and delete it then run another scan. I find the file in Windows, System32 and delete it and run the scan and it comes back same as all the rest of them have.

Now like most here know I am not a tech guy but do a fair job as an advanced home user and do not have scrambled eggs for brains but after checking the Device Manager making sure everything related to graphics, NVIDIA and Intel has been deleted which to me and I may be wrong with the following statement means there is no NVIDIA graphics adapter installed or the on board (MOBO) Intel graphics and after deleting the opencl.dll file and the scan is still coming back bad?

It seems to me that since the O.S. was clean installed and the scan results were OK at this point tells me the install went good, but after installing all of the Windows Updates the updates is sees something on this PC that doesn't jive like maybe a piece of hardware and it returns the corrupted of missing file?

So that is where I'm at and I am completely dismayed why the owner and President of Sager Computer has allowed something like this go on for such a long time with out doing something about it especially after I have written him personally twice so far by letter and recently by email and never received a reply back from him.

I am not going to continue installing software of mine knowing there is a known defect in this computer. Sager tells me to contact Microsoft :D If this corrupted or missing file is related to the graphics adapter then it need to be replaced. Now I have sent this computer back to Sager 2 times already so far so just when do they figure they need to fix this? They tell me a customer of theirs has a temporary fix for this problem :o really ???? Not going with a temporary fix, why should I on a computer that is new and covered by a full warranty.

I have purchased software ($215) that is only good for one computer with the assigned COA for the O.S. if I change this PC I am out a lot of money?

So where is this problem located? I uploaded the scan log that was posted here a week or two ago.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=123218&start=10#p764760
http://www.ctechinfo.net/files/c327_scan_log.txt
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:05 pm

In searching that SFC file for "corrupt", came up with four entries.. all related to the WOW64 feature.
Found: {l:32 K3lezpDxFASqie1FeLtIjMB+9APl+XDp7TVGphCEKco=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2016-03-19 12:05:37, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
Found: {l:32 K3lezpDxFASqie1FeLtIjMB+9APl+XDp7TVGphCEKco=} Expected: {l:32 9rnAnuwzPjMQA7sW63oNAVhckspIngsqJXKYSUeQ5Do=}
2016-03-19 12:06:46, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:13:16, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:14:29, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

A lot of driver files are compressed, and may experience faults when returned to original status, unless the same packing program is used.
Possibly a solution here?
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... progeneral
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby rascard2007 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:50 pm

... "Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted... "

Seem to me that the problen is with the opencl.dll only and it says that both the file in use and the one in store (or repository, that is the copy that windows keep by itself) are corrupted

perhaps it can help

http://serverfault.com/questions/741487 ... re-failing
"I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college"
-Wrapped Around Your Fingers-
-The Police-
rascard2007
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby c327 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:58 pm

rascard2007 wrote:... "Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted... "

Seem to me that the problen is with the opencl.dll only and it says that both the file in use and the one in store (or repository, that is the copy that windows keep by itself) are corrupted

perhaps it can help

http://serverfault.com/questions/741487 ... re-failing

After doing what I was told by Sager Computer was a clean install of the Windows 10 64 bit operating system and after going on line and doing the sfc scan again it returned the same corrupted report and was not able to repair it.

I am wondering if Sager has entered something in the BIOS that could keep building itself with what ever is causing this issue. I see that Sager still is offering the same NVIDiA GeForce GTX 950M card on current model laptops????

If there something known about either the video card or the Windows 10 64 bit O.S. Why would they continue selling a known defective product??? This is why I think there is something wrong with my laptop
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to Tech Support