Blue screen crashes while gaming only

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Blue screen crashes while gaming only

Postby boatabike » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:03 pm

Update, after death, i tried about the only thing i could think to do with a comp that will not even boot up or send signal to screen, i pulled the ram out and tried it in varies combo's, having put them back in in the opposite slots the computer fired up again and has been running with no crashes for the last 2 days so far. maybe one stick was not pushed home properly i don't know, hoping the no more crash situation continues and that what ever i did has actually cured the problem, seems a little hopeful but 2 days so far no prob.
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:49 am

Good to hear! Hope the problem is truly solved. But an extra fan pushing air into the system may be a good thought. Preferred ratio of intake/exhaust air for a case is 1.5:1
Heat causes things to expand and contract, and not all metals are similar in that sense. Contact areas are copper for best conductivity, and gold-plated for corrosion resistance. But surface contamination can work in between contact areas and cause loss of contact. Expansion/contraction can also cause device cards to "walk" out of their slots.
All motherboards with RAM slots are marked as to their dominance.. with "Bank 0 Slot 0" being the first detected, and so on.
With dual-channel memory setups, one pair of slots is a different color from the other. Black may be favored as 'second' pairs in the mixed colors makeup.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Twisty » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:56 pm

I still recommend stress testing the ram, it could be that one stick has problems, it is best to identify when the computer is working so you can RMA rather than when you have a dead PC and you cant work out what the problem is.
Also check what temp your ram is, if it is high then maybe an extra fan in top of your case pulling air over the ram, or a ram cooler will help.
I was hammering my rig yesterday in 33C ambient and the RAM heatsink was pushing 50C whereas water and case air temp was only 40C.
I have now left the Building :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to Tech Support