Blue screen crashes while gaming only

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Blue screen crashes while gaming only

Postby boatabike » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:39 am

Specs. attached in dxdiag
DxDiag.rar
dxdiag
(11.41 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

attached file(jpeg) conflict/sharing
conflict.rar
(110.39 KiB) Downloaded 16 times

Motherboard is Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 Series

Problem
I am having crashes whilst playing games on my new comp. This has recently started in the last couple of days. There has been no new hardware added and i have run the windows mem test with no problems shown, and did a clean install of nvidea drivers using DDU
I am having 2 main BSD they being [driver overran stack buffer windows] and [irql_not_less_or_equal windows] both of these are happening in at least 2 of the games i have been playing regularly. It has not crashed during any other activity to date.
Possable causes heat. Living in a part of the world where outside temps are 42 degrees it is poss that heat is causing this problem, but my sensors have shown everything running a lot hotter at times than when the crashes occur. Mother board in the evening running ARK for several hours runs at about 55 degrees C and my GPU at about 70 degrees C although hot the crashes i have had today have been at lower temps, despite outside temp being at 43 degrees air temp. Mother board was below 50 degrees when crashing today.There is inconsistency with the heat theory.

I am not a comp savy chappy, and i am at quite a loss as to the cause of the problems, if any logs/dumps are of help i will need a step by step guide of where and how to get.

Any help would be appreciated as my new comp for gaming is not gaming at present. Many thanks in advanced. Mike
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Blue screen crashes while gaming only

Postby Mr T » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:02 am

What are the specs of your machine (brands of things like RAM, Video card and esp power supply and wattage)?
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby boatabike » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:54 am

graphics caed is a gigabytes windforce gtx 970

ram 16 gb kingston ddr4 2133mhz ? i think thats correct mhz eyes are not what they were

psu cooler blaster G750M
case http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-to ... e5-series/
Last edited by boatabike on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby boatabike » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:16 pm

Ok i have managed to make a dump file, of which i am most proud, i can't read it and had a devil of a job zipping it too, if it is corrupted i will resend a new one as in the process of learning how to zip the damn things i changed it to .txt file and back, hoping it is readable to you.

mini dump file
041216-5281-01.dmp - Copy.zip
(46.19 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

have done a single pass with memtest86 usb and no errors found, if needed i can run more tests at night time when i have free comp.
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby boatabike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:00 am

a new dump file from a recent crash
041216-5531-01 - Copy.zip
(50.82 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

irql_not_less_or_equal
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby boatabike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:33 am

another dump from a different crash kernal something.
041216-5531-01 - Copy (2).zip
(50.82 KiB) Downloaded 17 times

really do need some help here.
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:56 am

Most 'crashes' happen due to memory paging faults. Is the memory as recommended by the board manufacturer, and at proper voltage? With the memory controller on the CPU die, lower voltages are provided to memory. If memory voltage is marginal, paging timings can lag. Using the SPD factor (serial presence detect) for memory timings is best.
Memory can overheat too, affecting its performance. Being close to the CPU exhaust, could get a bit warm.
Water-cooling setups take excess heat out of the case, and the system can run cooler overall. CPU heat sinks with a fan do recirculate case air, making it hotter. The CPU has thermal sensors to degrade operation if limits are reached, and can shut down a system if exceeded.
Try running with the case side off, a small personal fan blowing into the case. If no more problems, heat could be the issue.
That Cooler Master case you note should have more than adequate cooling, but still worth a test for excess heat.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby boatabike » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:19 am

Thanks for your attention, not sure about voltage and memory part or how i would check, really i buy comps to use not to fix so i am not at all comfy with any of this :)
I will try the fan on the side tomorrow as tonight we have managed to have 3 power cuts in the last 2 hours, bless.
My case came with only 1 in and one out i will buy another fan for the in side to maybe help.
Thank you so far, i am living in an area where i am unlikely to get a lot of help so yours is very appreciated.
boatabike
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Roach412 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:07 am

download CPUZ from here:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

it will give you all the info you(we) need about voltages, clocks and memory frequencies/etc.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:36 pm

Had a look at those dump files, but nothing specific. When a paging fault repeats too many times, then the system Kernel (OS 'heart') skips a pass or two, and does a major dump.. with the BSOD or freeze effect.
In the Administrative Tools/Computer Management there is an Event Viewer where performance, services and all other events are logged. May be some clues there.
Did find some system info...
Memory: (2) Kingston KHX2133C14D4/8G (rated 1.2 volts nominal)
CPU: Intel(R) i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz
Board: ASRock Z170 Gaming K4
BIOS: AMI P2.20 11/11/2015
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Tech Support