edb mailbox disappeared

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

edb mailbox disappeared

Postby AdamHruska » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:43 am

Hi,
I have an issue with Exchange 2003 ebd mailbox. Here's a summary of what I wanted to do and a brief description of the problem:
The server has 2 mailbox stores, Just going to call it Store 1 and Store 2. Store 1 has a approximately 80 mailboxes and Store 2 has about 20 mailboxes. I am trying to move 20 mailboxes from Store 1 and Store 2. I am using the Mailbox Move Wizard to do this task. During the process, it failed halfway as the number of corrupted items exceeded my threshold of 100 corrupted items to skip.
I've tried to run an off-line defrag but the defrag failed to run. It took sometime to move to 1% and then it will fail and abort the job.
Instead of me having to go to 20 workstations to export the mail to .pst and then reimport them back into exchange, is there a way for me to repair the corrupted items on the ebd level?
Please advice.
AdamHruska
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: edb mailbox disappeared

Postby JamesBlack59 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:37 am

You will need to dismount the store with the corrupted mailboxes in then run eseutil /p followed by eseutil /d and then isinteg to rectify the problems. For reference - here is a good article on ESEUTIL and ISINTEG. If you get stuck running these commands please ask for more guidance. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Exc ... EUTIL.html There is also the possibility to use third-party tools such as Exchange Server Recovery Toolbox. It can also help in your problem. Try to Use all the tools and some of them should help. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/exchange_ ... overy.html
JamesBlack59
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby JamesBlack59 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:40 am

JamesBlack59
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:39 am

Make absolutely sure that you have enough available diskspace in everywhere when moving/modifying exchange stuff. If your disks are full that will FUBAR the databases beyond repair. Really.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby AdamHruska » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:04 am

Thank you guys for your feedback and help. Sorry, that long time did not respond. This is because the issue was solved and I forgot to tell.) Thank you!
AdamHruska
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:00 am

Good to hear, what did you end up with doing?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support