SFC /scannow Question

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: SFC /scannow Question

Postby c327 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:38 am

Mr T wrote:Try SFC /SCANNOW again and see what happens, sometimes you need to run it 3~5 times for it to sort everything out. If it doesn't I would look at a clean install (unless the system is running fine)...

Mr. T,

The PC seems to be running OK as far as I have seen. Now I am way over my head but is the DISM scan asking me for the O.S. ? I gather it tried on line but possibly this PC won't let it download? I have a copy of the O.S. on a thumb drive that is bootable. If I insert the thumb drive but don't boot from it and then run the DISM scan will the repair be able to extract what ever file is missing ? Did the missing file or files originate in the Installed O.S. or are they from a program I or Sager installed?

Thanks........
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Roach412 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:36 am

You could try to follow this whole process, but - if it's working ok, then you should probably be fine.
http://serverfault.com/questions/741487 ... re-failing

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby c327 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:33 am

Well its time to put this subject to sleep. :idea:

Understand that I am only an advanced home user if that. There is no doubt in my mind that the folks that commented here could probably fix this but that is not me. I opened and read all the links provided by all you good folks here. I spent a lot of time trying to follow what the links said to do. All of the latest scans tell me that they couldn't find the source of the files needed to correct the problem even though one of the scans said it was fixable. I put the ISO file in my Documents folder, I renamed it everything but WTF and still nothing will fly. I even tried extracting the files directly from the USB thumb drive that contained the ISO file for Windows 10 Pro x64 that came with this PC. I may have just as well put the thumb drive some place else and tried opening it there but that would have hurt like he-l. :o

For all the time I spent trying to fix something that may not be fixable I could have reinstalled the O.S.which is what I will do first chance I get after I make another batch of Rum Punch and polish it off :mb_1stplace::

Thanks to all here who tried to help me fix this, I appreciate it, I really do. Your all a good bunch of guys.

Happy Easter Folks

Mark
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:44 am

update on sfc scan issue:

I up-loaded the scan log to Sager and they said the open.dll in the log does not match something. They said it has to do with the NVIDIA graphics adapter drivers having a problem with Windows 10 ?

I have not got back to them yet but wouldn't a different driver correct this ??
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Twisty » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:40 pm

do you have KB3072630 installed? That is known to Stop some dll's installing properly.
The solution is to create or temporally set key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer"RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy" to dword= 1, run the installed and then set back to dword= 0 afterwards.
I have now left the Building :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby c327 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:47 am

Roach412 wrote:4 entries of corruption - all for opencl.dll

2016-03-19 12:05:37, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:06:46, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:13:16, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:14:29, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

You should be able to pull any corrupt files directly through MS if you have an internet connection using DISM.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

-Roach

Thank you for looking at he scan log.

This is a new laptop that is under full factory warranty but the seller is not being of any help to me and is trying to avoid fixing it properly. I have been in the hospital and was not able to continue dealing with this issue until now.

I have clean installed the O.S. and re scanned the PC the scan returned nothing wrong. After I updated Windows and Windows Defender the scans all came back bad with the same notice of corruption/missing files. All that was done BEFORE I installed any computer drivers off the manufacturers CD. I even deleted everything related to NVIDIA (the graphics adapter) and Intel the mobo on board graphics and still the scans come back with the same defect notice. I ran the DISM scan and it failed also. That is what prompted me to reinstall the OS.

Seeing that the clean install and scan was OK tells me the OS install went good. It seems that when I updated Windows it found something on this PC that it didn't like. Since I have not installed anything other than the OS and the Windows Updates tells me there is hardware on this PC that is not compatible with Windows 10 x64 ?????

What do you think ?????
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to Operating Systems