SFC /scannow Question

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: SFC /scannow Question

Postby Mr T » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:04 am

I have 8 versions of Visual C++ on my system (x86 and 64bit), so from what I see, program wise all looks well. have you tried CCleaner and run the registry fix tool? Then run disk cleanup (CCleaner and M$ from hard drive properties) then run SFC.. If there are still issues that you don't like, you could always go for a clean install..
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby c327 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:38 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Something is wrong with the link to that image! While changing to your hosting site (Photo Bucket), up comes a page from "lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-2-chainz" which acts like a "gotcha"! Had to disable my Internet link to close that page!

But if I note correctly, you have several versions of Visual C+ on that system? May be a problem.

OK thanks for the heads up. I will remove it form Photo Bucket. Has been removed.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:51 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Something is wrong with the link to that image! While changing to your hosting site (Photo Bucket), up comes a page from "lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-2-chainz" which acts like a "gotcha"! Had to disable my Internet link to close that page!

But if I note correctly, you have several versions of Visual C+ on that system? May be a problem.

Thanks for the heads up regarding photo bucket. As you can see I have removed it from their website and the link to it here.????
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:32 am

Mr T wrote:I have 8 versions of Visual C++ on my system (x86 and 64bit), so from what I see, program wise all looks well. have you tried CCleaner and run the registry fix tool? Then run disk cleanup (CCleaner and M$ from hard drive properties) then run SFC.. If there are still issues that you don't like, you could always go for a clean install..

Hi Mr. T

I reinstalled CCleaner and ran it and also the Registry Cleaner/Repair Tool. Ran Disk Clean-Up again. Ran SFC /scannow again and it still is returnig something being corrupted although the PC seems to be running OK ??

I know the SFC scan log is very long but have you taken a look at it to see is something is suspect? Is what ever is corrupted would it be an installed program or something in the Operating System
http://www.ctechinfo.net/files/c327_scan_log.txt

In The list of Programs Installed there are 10 entries for Microsoft Visual C Redistributables, 2005 -2 2008-3 2010-2 2012-1 2013-2. Do I need all these?
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:11 pm

If Mr T is running 8 versions of C+ on his system with no issues, then should be no problem with yours.
But he is a professional PC guru. And may use those different versions often.
No mention in any scans about what file and where appears to be corrupted?
While this link refers to the SFC file review with Windows Vista, it may also apply with other versions.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/928228

No worries about that "lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-2-chainz" interloper. Photo Bucket is a 'phishing ground' for hackers and snoops. Same with a lot of other popular sites. Security may not be the best.
Whenever I get one of those nasty pop-ups, I quickly disable my Internet connection from the SysTray box. 999 times out of 1,000, you have avoided the threat.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:05 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:If Mr T is running 8 versions of C+ on his system with no issues, then should be no problem with yours.
While this link refers to the SFC file review with Windows Vista, it may also apply with other versions.

No worries about that "lifestyles-of-the-rich-and-2-chainz" interloper. Photo Bucket is a 'phishing ground' for hackers and snoops. Same with a lot of other popular sites. Security may not be the best.
Whenever I get one of those nasty pop-ups, I quickly disable my Internet connection from the SysTray box. 999 times out of 1,000, you have avoided the threat.

The issue at hand is that different programs use different compilers thus the reason for having so many runtime versions... It would make too much sense to have them backward compatible so you could just use one.. Just like the 64-bit and 32-bit, essentially the same thing but yet totally different..
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:31 am

Karlsweldt wrote:If Mr T is running 8 versions of C+ on his system with no issues, then should be no problem with yours.

The scan did not tell me what was corrupted. Not exact words....It said something was corrupted and it was not able to repair everything. I think it referred me to the Log File. Which is way over my head to understand everything.

Unless someone here can tell me what is causing this then I may just reload the O.S. which I probably should have done the day I got this PC from Sager but I would like to fix this if I can. I am going through a huge learning curve with Windows 10 as it is and would like to avoid reinstalling the O.S. if I can.

Thanks............All
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Roach412 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:18 am

4 entries of corruption - all for opencl.dll

2016-03-19 12:05:37, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:06:46, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:13:16, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:14:29, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

You should be able to pull any corrupt files directly through MS if you have an internet connection using DISM.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby c327 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:01 pm

Roach412 wrote:4 entries of corruption - all for opencl.dll

2016-03-19 12:05:37, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:06:46, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:13:16, Info CSI 00003dba [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-03-19 12:14:29, Info CSI 00004e12 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [l:23 ml:24]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64"\[l:10]"opencl.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

You should be able to pull any corrupt files directly through MS if you have an internet connection using DISM.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/947821

-Roach

Hi Roach

I ran the DISM, it came back saying The Source Files Could Not Be Found, I was connected to the internet at the time. I think I have a copy of the Windows 10 Pro x64 ISO file on a thumb drive. Will that help?

I also ran DISM On Line Clean Up Image and it returned The Component Store Is Repairable. The Operation Completed Successfully.

Thanks..............
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:37 am

Try SFC /SCANNOW again and see what happens, sometimes you need to run it 3~5 times for it to sort everything out. If it doesn't I would look at a clean install (unless the system is running fine)...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

PreviousNext

Return to Operating Systems