Biostar GF8100+TE drivers wanted and how to instal

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Biostar GF8100+TE drivers wanted and how to instal

Postby rascard2007 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:26 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Takes time to learn the best and easiest way to do anything, especially with computers. You are getting your sails up!

You R rigth, but never be affraid of do it by yourself, just be well documented and take the safety rules, U will see that the success well deserves the efforts!!
"I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college"
-Wrapped Around Your Fingers-
-The Police-
rascard2007
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby pevers3 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi, Sorry for being nurd but looked at the list but unsure as to what I want, secondly do I just re-format this hard drive before I try to instal anything? It has a AMD Athlon 11x2220 Processor, The yellows marks are against thecoprocessor.PCI Device, SM Bus Controller, VGA Controller. I have installed Windows Xp Proff because I couldn't get the windows 7 to start, the chipset is a Nvidia GeForce 8100 and at 70 years of age it is quite baffling, going of the subject I tried to instal some old software on to my laptop which run Eindows 10 Professional and ended up with this continually starting in the compatability mode, I solved that, Would it be possible to run through the stages again, and highlight the drivers that I want bearing in mind I am not sure whether to carry on with the windows xp o/p I have the PCI\VEN_id for all the missing devices, will that help, Cheers, Dave
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:33 am

Even if an unconditional format is done on a drive, still a rare chance that a hidden file remains from the previous OS.
A default format will not touch those files. Best is to delete any partitions, restart with none formed, and do the full routine.
Once the OS is in its basic operating stage, then drivers for the motherboard must be installed.. specific to the OS version.
They should be on the companion disk that came with the motherboard. If not there, then drivers need to be gotten. Drivers for older OS versions may work, but may not. There is a digital signature in each driver, so the OS can associate it as compatible. Each has to be certified to the Windows WHQL listings.

Best to do the partitioning removal, then form new as needed. The OS install disk can do that.
Ensure the BIOS pages reflect exactly how the system is built. If USB 3.0 is featured, check for a control line that might need changing to enable it.
After the OS is in and has the needed drivers, then your anti-virus program gets set up. Then a different browser if desired. And now activate the OS. Then other programming for video, audio or such. Now enjoy.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi, just read your comments, no I don,t have the motherboard disc, this is what I want, since I bought this computer second-hand with drivers installed, should have done a back-up if only I could, this is always beyond me? Can I download this disc? Just spoken to the guy that sold me computer who told me it could literally take weeks to obtain the correct drivers and this is someone who KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING! I could be and have been going round in circles, are there any programs I ca use to tell me and download them ? But again this particular machine is off/line, no internet connection available, I am stumped and very frustrated, I've just done a re-build of my daughters Dyson Animal vacuum which was easier than this and I don't like giving up, I now wish that I hadn't acted on impulse on seeing that particular software which gave me the that option to delete one of the two operating systems I had installed on the original hard drive when literally everything was working, Internet, updates etc, now I seem to be left with litterley a piece of scrap and evertime I look at it I could hit myself for acting so stupidly in the first place, I seldom need sleep so I am continually attempting things, starting in the early hours of the night, so I don't want to sacrifice another of my computers to do this, I also think there is preventative software on the computers st the library to thwart any attempt to contaminate their computers by downloading but I think I might give this s try and see what result I might obtain
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Toby B. » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:48 am

Your windows7 disc should mention if it is 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit.... The vista/7 drivers on the linked page should work to get you going..
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm

pevers3 wrote:Surprise, surprise the vendor I'd actually worked it identified the the Biostar Ethernet Controller was a NVidianForce Network Contoller and listed several driver download points, so persistence pays but it will take time to achieve this, Luck is the devil, I think, is another saying, so I have not given up yet
:thumbleft: :thumbright:
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:39 am

he's still having issues apparently.. I suggested via PM that he examine the board for badcaps and report back.
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi, did this apply to my problem, what & how will bad cap cause these faults? I have managed to remove yellow marks but still I have software problems as I have removed Windows XP and installed Windows 7 pro, this problem now that this will only work in safe mode and cannot instal anti-virus or other programmes, quoting that I Fido not have rights, I am the only one who uses it! No idea now
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:17 am

A primary function of capacitors is to smooth AC ripple so power sources are as close to DC as practicable. And also to provide a reserve of sorts against surges. A secondary function is to couple circuits so AC signals can pass across without affecting the lower or higher voltages on other circuits. When a capacitor goes bad, then some resistance or conductivity becomes present.. and can upset other circuit voltages, and may cause damage to lower voltage circuits. Outward signs of failure are the last stage of a capacitor going bad.

When you removed the previous OS, did you do the proper routine of deleting all partitions, and restart with none formed? That is the only way to ensure any previous OS or system file is gone. And to ensure any viral infestation is eradicated!
Always best to do an OS install in one session, not part today and finish tomorrow. When the prompt comes to put in user name and other info, do so. Start-up passwords are not required unless several users might share the computer, or you want to ensure privacy.
Drivers for features must be digitally signed in accordance with the Windows WHQL standards, for the OS version.
If you are the sole user and Administrator, then programs should go in with no issues. But if logged as 'default' or 'other' user, those Administrator rights are not granted.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:01 am

Hi, I did all that, used another disc to instal missing drivers but will still not work properly but in safe mode which restricts as to what you can input:ie anti-virus
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Support