Windows 10 Pro Font Question

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows 10 Pro Font Question

Postby c327 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Hello all,

This regards a Windows 10 Pro x64 computer.

After using this PC for a short while I have made quite a few setting changes. When I open a folder or Outlook 2016 the text at the top of the folders where all the various options are located are to light when I would like bold fonts or darker fonts or even slightly larger fonts. Is there a way of doing that?

Thanks...................
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Windows 10 Pro Font Question

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:24 pm

Tried the old standard preferences path? Right-click on clear part of screen, choose 'properties', 'appearance', 'advanced'?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Tried the old standard preferences path? Right-click on clear part of screen, choose 'properties', 'appearance', 'advanced'?

Not in Windows 10 ..........
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:00 am

Was just a thought. Win 10 has a lot of menus to go through.
But font types and sizes should be user-choice, not "do it this way" as M$ proffers.
I won't be going with Win 10 again anytime soon.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:17 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Was just a thought. Win 10 has a lot of menus to go through.
But font types and sizes should be user-choice, not "do it this way" as M$ proffers.
I won't be going with Win 10 again anytime soon.

I can understand your frustration with Windows 10. For me it is a huge learning experience going from XP to 10 but I am starting to get the hang of it. Yes there is so much one can do with 10 but the trick seems to be knowing what can be done and where to find where to do it. The way I look at it it was only a matter of time before I was forced to move on to another O.S. so I figured before my PC gets trashed or becomes a bother with some websites etc. I would make the change on my terms now and be done with it.

The only problem I am having with the O.S. is me. In a way I kind of like some of the things I can do with 10 that I couldn't do with XP. Eventually I will learn where everything is. I could use some advise regarding Outlook 2016 but I think I will move that to a different forum.

Thanks..........
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to Operating Systems