Biostar GF8100+TE drivers wanted and how to instal

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Biostar GF8100+TE drivers wanted and how to instal

Postby pevers3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:25 am

Hi, New to this arena, just had to remove one of the operating systems, had windows 7 ultimate and windows 7 prof. On the same hard drive, using Easyboot software but now find, because I didn't really have any idea now lost everything, been unable to re-load, DVD-drives not recognising discs etc. In desperation reverted back to old windows cp prof. and after a few hiccups it installed completely but now left with several yellow markers in device manager, not able to connect to Internet and no connections possible. Looked in bios but no idea really what to alterer, or how to source these drivers, do you think it's a lost cause
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Biostar GF8100+TE drivers wanted and how to instal

Postby Toby B. » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Didn't find your board as listed. Are you sure there is no missing bits? Also be sure to check the board for a version/revision number..

I was able to locate the source for drivers and manual for Biostar GF8100 M2+ Ver. 6.x
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb ... _ID=380#dl

You should be able to "uninstall" the drivers from the problematic devices and have Windows install generic drivers til updates can be gotten...
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:53 pm

Hi, read your reply, my mistake should be Biostar GF8100 m2+TE Ver.6.1 also unable to get to Internet with this machine as no networking is available part of the yellow markers. Would this also affect the bios. So unsure as this is the first time for this,never had to find these motherboard drivers so very nervous as could trash motherboard? Thanks Dave
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:28 am

Motherboard drivers have to be specific to the model and version, and also the BIOS program.
But no, you won't cause damage to the BIOS. Just that some features may not be accessible or work properly.
Best is to get the proper BIOS update version from the provider of the motherboard.
Many motherboards are made by other companies, and the provider may change BIOS features to other than original.
Latest BIOS version noted at the Biostar site is N78CM311.BSS, dated 2010-03-11.
Manual and other needs there also. [Same as Toby B's link.]
http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb ... _ID=380#dl
As to Internet or other features being available, the proper driver has to be installed.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:59 am

Hi, Disabled all the yellow marked items in the device manager but windows wouldn't find any more, don't forget that I am still not able to connect to the Internet? How do I then download these Biostar drivers? Do I burn them to a disc, pen drive, basically I have no idea as to what to do now as previously I have installed Windows ME? XP, 7 but never seemed to have lost ALL these type of drivers, not after several hard drive reformats and have never lost the ability to access the internet, this is the first time that I have has all these issues with the device manager, has anyone made a video as to how I can rectify this issue as I seem to be going round in circles? Cheers Dave. Easy when you know how??
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:42 am

Disabling all the flagged devices was not a good plan. Could be one reason you have no LAN or Internet service.
Motherboard feature drivers are on a disk that came with it, and may have a few choices for different OS versions.
What was proper for one OS version may or may not work for a newer one.
Connecting to the Internet requires a networking setup, and a browser. Plus the active hardware.
Surely your local library would allow a no-charge (or minimal charge) for use of their Internet service to acquire the proper drivers for that setup and OS version. A USB flash drive may be the most convenient, but may not be accessible to the OS until all features are properly active. An optical disk would be the best for driver install.
The only certain way to install a newer OS or reinstall same is to delete all partitions on the drive, restart with none formed, and then begin the setup and install. Any system or driver files that may have been hidden are now gone, and the install should go without a problem. Windows should have generic drivers in its install library to get most features working. But the motherboard driver disk has the desired drivers.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:00 am

Hi, Before I disabled the yellow marks I could not connect to the Internet, nothing was working, I could connect via my other desktop and laptop and still have a live connection, just using mobile as I am out at present, this isn't the issue, I do not have the motherboard installation disc, can this be downloaded and copied to some kind of media, as I explained it is easy for somebody if they have done this previously. That's why I asked if someone had made a video, I could be installing the operating system continually without actually getting anywhere? After a while it is easy just to loose patience and just forget about it and probably binning the computer as I am not going to go to computer shop again-bin there not going again,once bitten twice shy, very frustration as I know what I want but no idea as to how to accomplish it, thanks again for your help
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:26 pm

The Biostar link that Toby B and I provided has listings for the manual, BIOS update and all motherboard drivers for several Windows OS versions. Choose what drivers are required, download and burn to a CD or to a flash drive. If your OS install is working and can access USB devices, then the driver updates should be easy.
For each device or feature, just guide the Windows driver search to the location.
Using the Windows Explorer, you could create a folder named "Drivers" and transfer all to that.
If that motherboard is still working great, why bin it? If it has to go, then offer it for sale on a trade site like eBay.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby pevers3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:07 am

Hi, Just read your instructions the operating system I managed to instal was my original windows computer s/pack 2, if I read you right download via my other computer and burn to a cd or pen-drive and just run in computer,telling the wizard where these drivers are and just ignore what is in the device manager-sorry to be such a pain but have never ventured before into this area of the operating system, as I said before it's easy when you know how, thanks again Dave
pevers3
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:16 pm

We all had "boxing gloves" for fingers once! AKA noobs. Takes time to learn the best and easiest way to do anything, especially with computers. You are getting your sails up!
Once the proper driver is installed for each feature, all should work well. Windows may balk at some driver installs, noting a digital signature problem. Install it if for the OS version and exact device model.
Every feature has an "inf" file in the "INF" folder in Windows. This is a small reference to the device ID, proper driver and use of the feature. If any driver has an "exe" extension, then an"inf" file will be put in place also.
After all features have a proper driver, Windows likely will search the Web and its own in-house library for newer or better drivers and install them.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Tech Support