Asus motherboard problem (p5g41c-m lx)

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Asus motherboard problem (p5g41c-m lx)

Postby ekonm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:04 am

I'm trying to install windows.But I have this problem.
After the booting windows right this point motherboard stops working 10 seconds later screen goes off.
Here is the list what I have done:
1)I updated bios
2)I changed all components (PSU,HDD,CPU,RAM)
3)I've tried diffrent windows CD's

I looked up similar topics some people changed psu or use compatible mode in BIOS but none of them worked for me.So I'm thinking maybe some component isn't working but I don't know which one here is the picture of motherboard
ekonm
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Asus motherboard problem (p5g41c-m lx)

Postby evasive » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:04 am

What version of windows are you trying to install?

Is this a clean install or an upgrade?

Has this board ever worked before?

Did you clear out CMOS (reset bios to defaults)?

Did you change the CMOS coin cell battery with a _new_ one?

Is the CPU that you are trying to use known compatible with this board?
Same question for the RAM?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby ekonm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:53 am

evasive wrote:What version of windows are you trying to install?

Is this a clean install or an upgrade?

Has this board ever worked before?

Did you clear out CMOS (reset bios to defaults)?

Did you change the CMOS coin cell battery with a _new_ one?

Is the CPU that you are trying to use known compatible with this board?
Same question for the RAM?

I tried every version xp,7,8

It's clean install

I cleared CMOS

And yes I changed

Of course everything is compatible because windows is booting.
ekonm
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:50 am

How far into full operation does Windows get? Any icons on screen, SysTray icons on task bar?
Is your version a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? If a 32-bit, too much memory can cause problems. Maximum memory control is about 3.5 GB with a 32-bit OS.. including any device features memory.
Is the OS install disk a genuine one from MS and certified for your country's distribution?
Not registered or activated on any other build?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:12 am

Use one stick of RAM in the slot nearest to the CPU. Try using a PCI-e video card and disable the onboard graphics...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby ekonm » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:17 am

Karlsweldt wrote:How far into full operation does Windows get? Any icons on screen, SysTray icons on task bar?
Is your version a 32-bit or 64-bit OS? If a 32-bit, too much memory can cause problems. Maximum memory control is about 3.5 GB with a 32-bit OS.. including any device features memory.
Is the OS install disk a genuine one from MS and certified for your country's distribution?
Not registered or activated on any other build?

It's happening right after "Windows is loading the files".

As I said I used all diffrent windows CD's including 32,64 bit I even tried loading with USB but no use.

Mr T wrote:Use one stick of RAM in the slot nearest to the CPU. Try using a PCI-e video card and disable the onboard graphics...

Unfortunately still same..

Guys what I'm trying to say I know solutions about common problems as much as you do.I'm thinking maybe it's from capacitors or some kind of circuital problem.That's why I'm asking you :(
ekonm
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:30 pm

The reason I brought up the 'previously installed or activated' thought is that if Windows goes into the process and finds another active copy, it then will abort on that system. In simple terms of the EULA, "One copy, one install, one system". Yes, you can do a reinstall and reactivate, but may need to certify any previous installs are destroyed. MS is a bit forgiving, if a hard drive fails or other major failure.
As to bad capacitors, check the site www.badcaps.net/ for info and images. All the larger capacitors should have flat tops. If any are domed even slightly, lean excessively or show leakage, they are bad. Some brands are more prone to failure than others. There is a thread on the Forum about "Bad, bad caps".

Are the memory modules identical as to amount and timings in all banks? If a faster module is first detected, that can cause slower modules to fault on paging. Slowest of mixed modules should be first detected. Ideally, matched modules are preferred.
Mr T has a good suggestion.. use only one module for a test and see if that works.. Bank 0 Slot 0 is first-detected.
From the images, it appears that Windows is still in the install stage, and cannot load all files (into memory) needed to begin setting up.
Perhaps giving a full roster of the system will help in getting this up and running.

One critical caveat.. if the install finds system files from a previous OS, it will abort. The only way to ensure all previous files are gone is to delete any existing partitions, then restart with none formed.. and the install should be no problem.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:46 am

Download Ubuntu and burn it to a DVDR (use an ISO burner such as Image burn) , boot from that and see if it goes to desktop in a 'live' session... If it does use gparted (disk partitioning tool) and delete all partitions on the hard drive. Shutdown and try installing windows again..
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby rascard2007 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:43 pm

normally in this step windows is loading the drivers for everything U have in the system, being onboard or add on, so my first advice is that U must take out everything that is not onboard an try to install windows, a fresh or clean install, with this configuration

is U have sensible data that can be lost with a clean install, try to get another HDD, 80 GB or so an do a clean install on this, for clean install I´m meaning that U must eliminate all existing partitions and create a new one where U will install the OS, format the partition and install windows, see what happens and share with Us
"I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college"
-Wrapped Around Your Fingers-
-The Police-
rascard2007
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby ekonm » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:04 am

Guys I have tried 3 diffrend HDD and one of them already installed windows I even use IDE HDD.All capacitors are fine too.
For RAM I used single and duel DDR2,DDR3 rams.
I think there is no solution :( Possibly problem comes from south bridge..
ekonm
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Next

Return to Tech Support