Where to get a replacement AMD AM2+ closeout or refurb

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Where to get a replacement AMD AM2+ closeout or refurb

Postby loninappleton » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:27 am

My Biostar AMD MCP6PB M2+ needs an upgrade just for more SATA.

On this search I've scoured ebay and some of the major vendors like tiger and egg for
refurbs etc. These outlets are still holding prices pretty much at retail.

Any tips for getting something like an Asrock. Asus Gigabyte with at least 3 SATA on the
board?

I've gone the route of adding in a PCI SATA card but in Win 7 that is not being recognized
properly. I have the driver disk for the PCI device. Any tips on using that also gratefully accepted.
loninappleton
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Where to get a replacement AMD AM2+ closeout or refurb

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org.
When installing an add-in storage drive controller similar to what is on-board (or native), then conflicts arise unless the on-board feature is disabled.. or the add-in card must have "soft set" or jumpers to change the default IRQ/DMA.
There are a few models that use the base AMD Matx M2+ design, including ECS. But Biostar has an A760G model with 6 SATA ports instead of 2. http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb ... p?S_ID=394
If the chipsets and features are different enough, the OS may want reactivation.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Where to get a replacement AMD AM2+ closeout or refurb

Postby Mr T » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:27 am

This is probably what you are lookinf for... It would be better saving your money and doing a full upgrade with board, CPU and RAM. Reinstall windows 7 then you can get the free upgrade to windows 10 as if you upgrade the CPU, it should take it. Then stick the old stuff on ebay and make some coin back...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to General