Which version of Windows 7 shall I buy?

Not sure what to buy? Ask here for some free advice.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Which version of Windows 7 shall I buy?

Postby c327 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:49 am

Roach412 wrote:
c327 wrote:If it were me I would wait until around Christmas time when Windows 10 will possibly out.

Christmas...2015? they haven't even announced a release date(most likely to do this in April), and that's typically months before its actual RTM. he could get a preview version now i suppose.

windows 7 will continue to be supported for nearly another half-decade, 2020 to be precise.
if you don't have a driving need to have Windows 8, like owning a touchscreen...or needing software that only runs(or runs way better) on Win8...i would personally recommend sticking with Win7, any of the 64-bit flavor.

i'd buy slightly cheaper Win7, have very little learning curve, and then go Win10 when you feel the need/desire to...
the other option is to pay marginally more for Win8, learn it's nuances, then most-likely get pushed into Win10 by lack of real support of Win8 since MS is effectively abandoning that OS.

-Roach

From what I read a Technical Build Preview version of 10 is already in the hands of a select few, with talk of the release of it to the public in April. I have read that we could possibly see it in new PC's by the holiday's so I guess we will have to wait and see what shakes out.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Which version of Windows 7 shall I buy?

Postby evasive » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:59 pm

Right now most of the migrations we do are from whatever abandoned version of windows to windows 7. Windows 8 looks like Vista revisited, it will have a shortened lifecycle, windows 7 may be here longer to stay unless windows 10 is indeed that good...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Recommendations