Giving up the tobacco

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Giving up the tobacco

Postby evasive » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:42 pm

get professional help for that if you feel that is out of control. Alcohol is a nasty drug indeed. There is an AA, I never heared of Smoker Anonymous. Should make you think...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby markirob1 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:55 am

Thats ok Doctor the drinking is under control. i was reffering to how easy i found it to give up the smoking habit, not believing that drinking in a social environment can be as damaging as smoking, with obvious effects on those who maybe subjected to the smoke second hand. and quite insensetively not considering the feelings of those addicted to nicotine. For that i appologise. Maybe all drugs need a support group. Yes lets call it a support group and not descriminate one addiction to another. Seriously i believe the majority of non smokers or ex smokers would consider that smoking is as serious as any other kind of addiction that is costing our health service millions of UK pounds every year. There are 2 organisations of AA in the UK one of which i am a member of many years, it provides breakdown assistance in the case of motor vehicle breakdown at the side of the road. However my point is that both of them provide "SUPPORT" Lets all go outside to do our drinking then the smokers wont get lonely. Bars can run from vans with hatches like hotdog sellers. Once again appologies for my obvious insensitivity.
I took a look at it.. Its not broken now!!.. but its not fixed either!!!
markirob1
Initiate
Initiate

Postby evasive » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:37 am

... I seem to have struck a nerve there. I am merely reacting primarely to what you were writing. No offense.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:19 am

markirob1 wrote:Bars can run from vans with hatches like hotdog sellers.

i'm so going to buy a hotdog vendor truck and sell beers out of it. brilliant!
-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby markirob1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:09 pm

evasive wrote:... I seem to have struck a nerve there. I am merely reacting primarely to what you were writing. No offense.

What was provoking was the obvious belief that drinking is more serious than smoking . There all as bad Edwin.. its an addiction. They say if its a problem come talk about it (support)... So anway Roach.

Roach412 wrote:i'm so going to buy a hotdog vendor truck and sell beers out of it. brilliant!

People dont want to drink outside. Smokers dont want to smoke outside. So which has the bigger problem? Something to think about.
Forget the drinking burger van...
markirob1
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:54 pm

A beer garden (Biergarten) is still very popular in many countries. Even in New York City! Great food, seasonal brews.
The Oktoberfest is considered a traditional social gathering, after a harvest, when families and farm workers gather to celebrate a good crop. Privately held, not many restrictions as to a license for alcohol sales. But for a mobile "booze buggy", a license for each area served may be needed. But what is to prevent the driver from a bit of tippling, and being charged with DUI? And too, the local pubs or bars may feel infringed on!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:36 pm

markirob1 wrote:
evasive wrote:... I seem to have struck a nerve there. I am merely reacting primarely to what you were writing. No offense.

What was provoking was the obvious belief that drinking is more serious than smoking . There all as bad Edwin.. its an addiction. They say if its a problem come talk about it (support)...

They are both bad habits, I kicked both of them, something my father could not so both of them eventually killed him when he was only 60.

I agree my wording could be better though. I guess there are self-help groups for alcohol only because the consequences of drinking too much can be so much bigger on society as a whole. Yes, smoking will kill you but drinking can injure of kill others as well. Now then, for stopping, it needs to come from the inside, you need to really want it and to be convinced that you can stop. There's no trying here, you cross the street or you stay because staying halfway a truck will hit you and dump you on this side of the road again...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby markirob1 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:30 am

Yes, smoking will kill you but drinking can injure of kill others as well.

Sure i covered this when i said innocent people can have their health seriously damage by passive smoking.
i was reffering to how easy i found it to give up the smoking habit, not believing that drinking in a social environment can be as damaging as smoking, with obvious effects on those who maybe subjected to the smoke second hand.

Yes, people can be indirectly affected by a drunk driver, an abusive parent or partner etc. What i was trying to get accross was the obvious fact that for the more recent past it has been the smokers who have been singled out and picked on. Dont know how much it costs our governments in healthcare for those who are terminally ill as a result of smoking or those having developed a fatel illness as a result of living with an individual who polutes their atmosphere with the silent killer smoke. Im not sure as of today the cost on our healtcare budgets. I just know that its the smokers getting a raw deal compared to the drinkers. Makes you think...

One final note; Most people like to drink outside when the weather is kind (not too often in the uk) though smokers will have to smoke outside even if the temp is minus 15 degrees. Anyhow we all have our own experiences of the 2 evils that might influence our opinions but lets call this quits ...QUIT... thats both of them.
markirob1
Initiate
Initiate

Previous

Return to The Water Cooler