Windows Explorer crashes... cannot run PC [FIXED]

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Windows Explorer crashes... cannot run PC

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:43 pm

Great news! Hope the problem is gone for good.
Sharing is critical on any OS install, if you want to access certain files and folders. Easy to set up. Just use the "My Computer" icon from the desktop, right click on the drive C:\ and choose "Sharing". You can use the default "C:\" as the share name, and set your preferences as to who can view files or edit them. If not available by other users, then no passwords are needed. But err on the safe side with a minimal password.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Windows Explorer crashes... cannot run PC [FIXED]

Postby Tommy in Scotland » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:59 pm

Yep... it's fixed. When I uninstalled Aurionix File Usafe 1.13 and restarted the computer, everything was back as it should be.

I have file sharing turned on, on selected folders only. All shares seem to work OK.
Tommy.
Tommy in Scotland
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: Windows Explorer crashes... cannot run PC [FIXED]

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Did find something.. about Aurionix File Usafe using an Active X control in Windows Explorer that causes problems.
How to stop that reaction: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240797
It involves editing the Registry, something best left to a pro if not really sure of proper editing.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Operating Systems