SOLVED o/s systems

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: SOLVED o/s systems

Postby knotman » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:56 am

have not polished it yet but this dam thing i can put in win 7 ultimate 32 bit ( ripped ) with no problem ( and no key for it just wanted to try ) so i put the win 7 64 bit dvd (laget cd) and it wont read it with the laget cd it will only get to the point where it extracting the files and stops saying it cant read it i think im going to try what mr t says but i have to get some dvds first i do have imageburn and power iso but im to to impressed with power iso
K8n-NEO2 platium,AwardBIOS v6.00PG,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ Socket 939,ati radeon 9800 xt 256 agp ,windows XP w/service pack 2,2 G`s ram ddr 3200,running dual monitors
knotman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: SOLVED o/s systems

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:12 am

When burning a CD or DVD, the program creates a "burn-proof" cache file on the C:\ drive. There should be at least twice the amount of data space as the disk will have written to it. Minimal, maybe 8 gigs of free contiguous space is a good margin. If you have not defragged in some time, do so before the 'burn'.
A cloned copy is supposed to be 100% of the original. But if there is copyright protection involved, that may abort the process. Many audio and video programs have an "intellectual property" guard. AKA "rootkits". Check if you have one lingering on the system.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Operating Systems