browser issues

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

browser issues

Postby st195758 » Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:30 pm

recently am only able to log into and read forums or any links with ie 6.0. no longer have 5.5 since getting some bad info about the 6.0 install; i was told it would have the option of being a stand alone install and it wasn't. other installed browsers, specifically opera 6.05 deliver a page of gibberish when you click on the login or forum links. is this permanent? if there is an anti open-source bias i guess that scraps my plans for an eventual linux dual boot installation. it's a shame, since on dialup opera, mozilla and even netscape 6.? are so much faster than ie 6.0 or 5.5. anyone else having this problem?
st195758
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby EvLwMn » Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:01 am

Yes - I ONLY use Linux at home and I am also having this problem. I can only access the forum using Opera or Konqueror and they display the page funky. I can only really come here from work now and only for a few minutes.

MoboCop is aware of the situation so hopefully it will be remedied soon.

Please be patient - as I am trying to be. :(
"You can't go to Windows Update and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick
EvLwMn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby MoboCop » Fri Jan 03, 2003 9:16 pm

ok I have fixed the mozilla/netscape problem with the forums.

Apparently the forums when using gzip compression and with certain server software installs (note the recent server change when the problem began) cause mozilla/netscape browsers to not display the page.

I have turned off gzip compression and I have netscape working fine now.

let me know if the problem persists for you.

Thanks.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

nice fix, and fast

Postby st195758 » Thu Jan 09, 2003 11:02 pm

this works better than it ever did, thanks
st195758
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Forum Problems/Errors