Possible Corruption With Vista Home?

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

One thing is bugging me

Postby OneSpirit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:34 am

The is something that really bothers me ... why didn't vista do the updates automatically? It's set to do it? Why did it need all those updates? :-|
Main Rig_Intel i7 4770k@3.50
ECS H87H3-WM Ver1
16Gb DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 1050Ti GPU
WD100000 SATA 7200RPM
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200RPM
Corsair CX750M
Win7 Ultimate x64
Rig2_AMD FX8120
GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 Mobo
4Gb DDR3 1600
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550TI
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200RPM
WD100000 SATA 7200RPM
Rosewill M650
Win7 64
OneSpirit
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Roach412 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:42 am

OneSpirit wrote:I'm sorry ... I didn't realize this was considered cracking ... it is reasonable that people will forget, their password since the average user would have no need to go in under admin. I have never had this problem myself, but what is a user to do in this case? ... Are they simply sol?

the only legitimate way allowed for discussion of how to "break" into a system is to have you take it to a shop that offers these services, and take your proof of purchase to validate your ownership.

online we have no way to validate that you indeed own this machine(or have permission from the legitimate owner) - so, in order to avoid being a place where account cracking methodologies are discussed, it's prudent for all users of this site to not openly discuss such options.

they're out there, and some are quite easy to find. but you have to do the looking, finding and applying. we can't help.

don't worry about it, everyone posts something on here eventually that they get a little slap on the wrist for. :lol:

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Ouch!!! For the slap on the wrisk ...

Postby OneSpirit » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:37 pm

Well it's not the first time I've been a bad girl ... but I understand the host position, and will adhere to the rules.

But on a good note I was able to activate windows, and now it is a very happy computer ... of course I can't go into the details without upsetting the host, but we can mark this one as PROBLEM SOLVED :wink: :-|
Main Rig_Intel i7 4770k@3.50
ECS H87H3-WM Ver1
16Gb DDR3 1600
Evga GTX 1050Ti GPU
WD100000 SATA 7200RPM
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200RPM
Corsair CX750M
Win7 Ultimate x64
Rig2_AMD FX8120
GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2 Mobo
4Gb DDR3 1600
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 550TI
Seagate 1TB SATA 7200RPM
WD100000 SATA 7200RPM
Rosewill M650
Win7 64
OneSpirit
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Ouch!!! For the slap on the wrisk ...

Postby Mr T » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:29 pm

OneSpirit wrote:Well it's not the first time I've been a bad girl ... but I understand the host position, and will adhere to the rules.

But on a good note I was able to activate windows, and now it is a very happy computer ... of course I can't go into the details without upsetting the host, but we can mark this one as PROBLEM SOLVED :wink: :-|
Excellent at least it's not hardware, I started on the hardware side of thing as you mentioned the black screen boot up..
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:09 am

This is the official statement as to passwords or other 'processes'..
Topics such as "passwords" and "unlocking" features cannot be answered, on the Forum. This is due to lack of substantiated proof of ownership of the programming or device. If a Mod observes the thread as suspect, it will be locked. No help will be given for passwords or "unlocking" unless it is a general process with all systems. Certain programming discussions such as bit-torrent are not acceptable or condoned. If the question regards a general process similar to all systems, it may be allowed.
"Due to the lack of ownership verification of computers, and laptops we are no longer offering any form of support for lost/forgotten passwords. This goes for BIOS, Windows log in, etc.
ANY posts asking for help with removal or cracks to passwords will be deleted immediately.
Any questions on this new rule please feel free to PM or email me or one of the other moderators."
Thanks for your cooperation...
Toby B., Moderator.

There are two forms of password protection for a computer. One is the BIOS password, which prevents unauthorized changes to the physical system. The second protects the Operating System from unauthorized access or use. If a computer is stolen or lost, you have some assurance your private information will be secure. But criminals have their way of cracking even the most secure passwords!
As to OS updates, there are several choices. Default is totally automatic, where updates are downloaded and installed as they are available. Then there is the automatic download, but the user chooses when to install them. Lastly, a manual download and install.. the least desirable. Best is to automatically download updates, then install when convenient.
Sadly, too many users fail to keep their security programs updated.. or do not have proper security features. Too easy for hackers and viral infections. Then there is the user who visits unsavory sites.. or takes faith in those pop-up ads that there may be a viral or security problem with the system, and you should take the "bait"!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Operating Systems