Not Looking Forward To.......

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 am

For anyone concerned about whether Win XP will still be honored by antivirus and firewall programs after its "abandonment", check this link of providers that note they will still provide security programming for up to two years or more.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/List-of- ... 7767.shtml
Good news!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mark H » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:15 am

Final Update: Had major problems with Office 2003 migration (yes, I know end of life is same as XP). Major issue was with Outlook not doing send/receive. Could not repair/reinstall/remove. Kept throwing errors. Finally did a manual uninstall, and tried to install again, with the same error (msrepl40.dll)

Had an idea, tried to install Word by itself, and it worked. Excel and Outlook also installed. Not sure why it worked that way, but why complain.
I have a photographic memory, only problem is, I ran out of film.
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:22 pm

Let's say the Microsoft software installers are not always following their own standards for Microsoft software installers... I need to build/transform/patch them on a regular basis...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Operating Systems