iPad Air Screen Protector ???

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby c327 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:30 am

Since posting my questions here I have learned that the iPad Air is coated with an outer coating called oleophobic. I don't know just how far back Apple has been using this coating. My initial concern was not protecting the screen from abuse or accidents but for normal everyday use while touching the screen with fingers and fingernails over time.

The glass film protectors will themselves get scratched and I have read that they most likely will need to be replaced every year. Now that I have learned a little more about this deal I have decided to not get a film type screen protector. I did get a good quality tablet case and will get a good cleaning cloth since cleaning the screen with most liquids are not good for this coating that Apple puts on the glass.

Elvis has left the building :D

Thanks all...........
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Roach412 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:07 pm

i clean mine by breathing on it and wiping it with my shirt..whatever i'm wearing(sweaters, poly dress shirts, cotton tees...). zero ill-effects.

i think if you get a top-tier manufacturer device, you should have very little to worry about. just don't bleach it or spray with caustic cleaners. water and a cloth will get you by perfectly fine.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset