iPad Air

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby c327 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:31 am

Well I as a first time Apple and tablet user am not familiar with its use or setting it up. I am not brain dead but unfortunately for me I never had one person be it a family member, friend or neighbor help me when I bought my very first PC and I was in my 50's when that happened, just didn't have the time to use a PC. Made many mistakes obviously during my learning curve and learned many things right here on these very forums over the 10 years I have been here where I consider myself at the very most an advanced home user of a PC.

I now know the user manual is loaded on the tablet but it is not very practical for me (a new iPad user) to keep going back and forth from page to page trying to figure out what it is I need to do to set it up. I downloaded the user manual (135 pages) printed them out on someone Else's company printer :wink: and put the printed copy in a binder.

Now this user manual is about 3/4 of an inch thick with eyelet protectors around the holes. The manual is larger than the box the tablet came in so I can see why they didn't supply a printed copy, but then again I paid probably double for the iPad vs. what I may have been able to buy a different brand for.

Not looking to have others here do my homework, never did. Can't learn anything that way. I have found that it's better to ask a user of what ever it is I have interest in in order to get an unbiased opinion rather than ask a salesman who will attempt to sell you or me the Brooklyn Bridge which I was told at BestBuy is on sale.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to The Water Cooler