Windows Task Manager In XP Pro

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows Task Manager In XP Pro

Postby c327 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 am

This concerns a Desktop PC with XP Pro Sp3:

I did a erase of the new Seagate HDD installed XP Pro and all updated drivers and programs and all is fine..maybe?

I opened the Task Mgr. to see the processess running. The Task Mgr. had a few tabs at the top. I clicked on Processess and the window opened, I did not make any changes to anything on the Task Mgr. Now when I open the Task Mgr. I do not see the tabs at the top? What gives with this?

“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:49 am

Straight from MS about the Task Manager settings..
You double-click on the border of the box, choose 'view'.
Likely some security update has altered the personal settings choices. Had that happen to the overall theme and desktop a few times, but never the Task Manager.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:16 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Straight from MS about the Task Manager settings..
You double-click on the border of the box, choose 'view'.
Likely some security update has altered the personal settings choices. Had that happen to the overall theme and desktop a few times, but never the Task Manager.

Thank you............That fixed it. :D

Like a lot of folks I had XP a long time and really don't like to see it go un supported after mid April by MS but business is business I guess with them. Don't really like all the eye candy I see in other operating systems. Going to hold on to XP for as long as I can.

Just when I I thought I had XP down pat I may have to start learning a new OS. :(
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:36 am

Check this thread.. http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... p?t=121228
While security updates will end, MS indicates the 'malicious software removal tool' will still be issued for a few months.
It would be extremely expensive for many businesses to upgrade to a newer OS for their POS (point of sale) systems that handle their financial needs. The small "mom and pop" businesses would be hit the hardest.
Same expensive headache for all other corporations. We all were told well in advance about the need to change. But that can take many months.
With any OS platform, you can update or rewrite it just so many times. Then it becomes overly complicated. Time for a "clean sheet".
I, too, hope XP is still viable for a few extra months. Or years!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems