Neat Receipt Machine

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Neat Receipt Machine

Postby c327 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Any one here have or used a Neat receipt machine? Have been looking around and have found them for $369. Was wondering how long they can last before breaking down
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:55 pm

It was outclassed hardware-wise by this thingy, maybe worth a look also:
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/comp ... iX500.html
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:38 pm

evasive wrote:It was outclassed hardware-wise by this thingy, maybe worth a look also:
http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/comp ... iX500.html

Yes I know about that company. Seems that Neat the company is geared for software and their hardware is not great where as Fujitsu is just the opposite good with hardware like you say but software wise not as good as Neat. Two of my family doctors plus the hospital near me all use the Fujitsu machine but not the model you linked to which I knew about. The model the professionals use costs $1500. The Fujitsu models are wireless but I am not certain if they will do receipts. I am told the Neat machine is more user friendly. A friend has one and the little I looked at it I would say that statement was not so. Kind of reminded me of Windows ME which is bringing back bad memories as I think about it.

Not going to buy a machine like that until my desktop is back up and running. Not going to chance screwing up my sager lappy fooling around with the scanner.

Everything today is plastic s--t and made in China. Don't mind Japan though. A lot of good products come out of Japan today not so years ago.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to The Water Cooler