Google Play Spam

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Google Play Spam

Postby c327 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:18 am

This concerns a PC with XP Pro SP3 and Outlook Express 6 & Internet Explorer 8 installed.

Had a new Samsung Galaxy S4. Nice phone but it was just to big and did things I really didn't need.........OK so why did I buy it ??? After using it for about 10 days I returned it for a full refund. So what is the problem?

After having this phone activated and on line with a data plan and after returning it I keep getting Google Play spam emails. There is no place on the Google Play email or the Google Play website where I can unsubscribe this app or email sending

I searched and looked and do not see where I can do anything to stop this although the site says there is. I searched this problem and t seems others have the same issue with not being able to unsubscribe.

I know I can block them in OE 6 but I would just like to get them to stop sending me this spam when I don't use Google Play.

I checked my Google G Mail settings and all things there seem OK. Any ideas on how to stop this unwanted email from Google Play.

OH and thanks for fixing the posting issue here.

Thanks..........All
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:08 am

Did a browse for " stopping Google Play spam " and found several links, including this..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... am.blocker
If your account is not fully closed, it may be accessible for a few weeks, until all the info is deleted. But spammers always play dirty.. and hound you with nuisance messages! It is an underground network, where hackers and spammers share or sell info about phishing and scams they hope will hook you!
Mail servers are not all the same. With Yahoo! mail, you have an option of checking "not my Email" and it is sent back to the source.. and you get no more.

Never give out any personal info about yourself in an Email request or link. Go directly to your financial provider or service!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Did a browse for " stopping Google Play spam " and found several links, including this..
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... am.blocker
If your account is not fully closed, it may be accessible for a few weeks, until all the info is deleted. But spammers always play dirty.. and hound you with nuisance messages! It is an underground network, where hackers and spammers share or sell info about phishing and scams they hope will hook you!
Mail servers are not all the same. With Yahoo! mail, you have an option of checking "not my Email" and it is sent back to the source.. and you get no more.

Never give out any personal info about yourself in an Email request or link. Go directly to your financial provider or service!

And I thought AOL was bad with it's grip on a PC. Google Play just won't leave
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to The Water Cooler