Vaio VGN-NS230E Video Blip

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby TriAngle » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Karlsweldt,
Thanks for clearing that up for me about the inverter and the LCD screen. Good to know.

I forgot to mention this: We were cleaning out the closet about two weeks ago, and I turned around and my wife had stacked some tools, yes, some tools on top of that laptop while it was closed. These tools included a large hammer, two large screw drivers and other assorted tools. Needless to say I was furious and reprimanded her, then I removed the tools delicately.
She didn't seem to care, as usual.

Well, the next day, there was a two foot stack of heavy books stacked on top of the laptop! I tore into her again, and I removed the stack of books and asked her to "stay away" from that laptop as she was going to destroy it, as she has her other three laptops, which I constantly have to "repair" for her. Knowing her, she slammed the tools and books down onto the laptop. Yikes.

It seems that she and electronics don't mix, big time ADD there.

About a week later, the LCD screen went fubar.

So, I surmise that she caused the LCD screen to become defective.
Oh, well, just another day in the life.

The inverter will be in Saturday, and I will replace that, but I'm checking out new LCD screens now as I know that one is beyond hope.
Thanks again.
Tri.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TriAngle » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:14 pm

I installed a new LG LCD Display screen and now the laptop is working fine.
I suspect that heavy load from the wife damaged the wafer-thin circuit board on the back of the screen.
All is well now.
Thank everyone for their assistance.
Tri.
p.s. From now on, she is "banned" from even looking at this laptop.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:33 am

An LCD screen is a complicated "sandwich" with eight layers or more! The front and back are very thin glass or special plastic, which is fragile. Any type of glass has little tolerance for bending.. especially if very thin! If the edge seal is voided on the "sandwich", air or pollutants can enter.. causing its failure.
LCD Screen makeup:
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to General