was this site down

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

was this site down

Postby Copper » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:41 pm

its taken me 3 days to login to the site, I was get a error message of internal server error on port 80. anyone else had the same problem
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:34 pm

There has been a problem with the hosting party of channelpro, they have restored services.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:47 am

This is not the first time the Motherboards.Org site went down, due to the hosting service. Either their staff is inadequate or not experienced enough in maintaining a busy hosting service.. or another subscriber has had a DDOS attack that caused an overload of client connections.
Or possibly an upgrade to equipment?
But at least they could put up a default page of what actually is happening.. not leaving visitors and site Moderators "lost in the clouds"!

Like some other services, a penalty repayment should be offered for 'down time' that is not scheduled or notified of beforehand.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Old equipment, botched fiber upgrades.. are said to be the problems causing the issues...

The best we (the mods) can and will say, the site is back up and running. A lot of smoke and mirrors for fixing things, so I won't elaborate and get peoples' hope up.
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Copper » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:12 pm

at least is wasn't me
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Recent Server Downtime

Postby Matt Whitlock » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Hello everyone,

I do apologize for the recent downtime and connectivity problems you all have been having over the last few weeks. Toby B has relayed a few of the root causes that have been affecting service, which has been a combination of fiber upgrades in the data center where our webserver is located and numerous problems with the server itself (which is what caused the recent outage).

We are planning to move off this old server as soon as possible, and we will try to make that migration as smooth and transparent as we can. When the time comes, I will give all of you a heads up.

Rest assured, we have every intention of maintaining and investing resources to improve the Motherboards.org forum along with the rest of our sites.

I have shared my direct email address with the mods so they can reach me if there are any pertinent issues that need quick attention.

Cheers!

Matt Whitlock, The ChannelPro Network
Matt Whitlock
Site Staff

Postby Matt Whitlock » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Hi Everyone,

Apologies to anyone who had some connectivity problems or slow performance over the past few hours. We've been experiencing some high server loads that was putting a strain on the box and causing problems with connectivity.

If anyone notices any other persistent performance problems, please email editor@motherboards.org and we'll look into it right away.

Thanks,

Matt
Matt Whitlock
Site Staff

Return to Forum Problems/Errors