asus Z87 sabertooth mobo

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

asus Z87 sabertooth mobo

Postby Tramontane » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:13 pm

my gigabyte board [GIGABYTE GA-880GA-UD3H AM3 ] just is not cutting the fuzz it seems to dislike any raid card and has given me too many blue screens. I have gone out and shelled out the money for some ram cpu and the mobo and i forgot to ask if anybody had issues with it. so far most of the reviews i ave found are good.

except the previous chip set based on the ivy bridge? 77 series i think. fussnfeathers said he had some problems with the previous generation to the z87 which is the haswell intell chip and chipset.

the new board: ASUS SABERTOOTH Z87 LGA 1150 Intel Z87

processor: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770K

memory: two sticks matched pair
G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866

a 120 ssd and a wd 300gb raptor not entirely sure if i should go ahead and install win seven on the ssd and use the raptor for temp files and stuff that moves alot and if i put os on the ssd i would keep an image on the wd.

if anybody has any tips and things to look out for on this board let me know gigabyte has me annoyed and this one is going to retire to something less taxing like a computer for my wife just to put tv shows on the telly for her and a little web browsing.

In my defense i fell victim to labor day sale pressure. ok ok so i had hardware lust. any comments or suggestions with this build would be helpful and appreciated

well i got some insights now since i have installed my mobo into a rig and it seems that there are some things to look out for i am not sure if after i make this edit that this will be the right place for the post. but here it is

had problems with the keyboard standard usb from a ps2 converter when first hooked up saw it fine in bios and post but after widows 7 pro 64 worked at first then after reboot no keyboard tap tapity tap no letters in the log in. plug unplug sometimes had to use a different usb port.

did some checking online and found the resolution on a oc site.

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum ... olbox-Boot

Praz wrote

In the Sabertooth's UEFI select Advanced Mode > Advanced > USB Configuration. Set Intel xHCI mode to disabled. If you have keyboard/mouse issues try setting EHCI Hand-Off to enabled.

hope this helps some poor sap that has the same misfortune i had

now if i can figure how to get my old mobo working again so my wife has a computer and i can get my old settings i suspect a heat issue been handing the board by the heatsink.

i suspect this now belongs in technical support i may be wrong so let me know if i am.
Tramontane
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to Tech Support