Our Elected Representatives In Washington

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Our Elected Representatives In Washington

Postby c327 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Being a little short on literary wit, I will try and get the message across....

I am totally disappointed in our elected representatives in Washington on both sides of the aisle. It seems to me that they are more interested in them selves and their special interest friends than they are in doing their damn job like they were elected to do.

The political system that we now have in the United States along with these sleaze bags being more concerned about being politically correct than they are in doing the right thing seem to forget that they were elected to work for those who they represent and are supposed to try and make this country a little better than it was yesterday. OK stop laughing.....I know the drill but there are a lot of gullible people here in the U.S. who believe these jokers. Well let me say this...The United States will go bust, and all those who are on the dole for what ever the reason, be it legit or not will end up with nothing unless we do something constructive about where the Hell we are going.

The United States borrows .35 cents on the dollar as it is today, and I guess we all know who lends it to us. right?

Well I am thinking of going independent the next time around and I am going to write my elected representative and give him an ear full.

I HAVE HAD IT......................
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Our Elected Representatives In Washington

Postby Mr T » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:39 am

c327 wrote:Being a little short on literary wit, I will try and get the message across....

I am totally disappointed in our elected representatives in Washington on both sides of the aisle. It seems to me that they are more interested in them selves and their special interest friends than they are in doing their damn job like they were elected to do.

The political system that we now have in the United States along with these sleaze bags being more concerned about being politically correct than they are in doing the right thing seem to forget that they were elected to work for those who they represent and are supposed to try and make this country a little better than it was yesterday. OK stop laughing.....I know the drill but there are a lot of gullible people here in the U.S. who believe these jokers. Well let me say this...The United States will go bust, and all those who are on the dole for what ever the reason, be it legit or not will end up with nothing unless we do something constructive about where the Hell we are going.

The United States borrows .35 cents on the dollar as it is today, and I guess we all know who lends it to us. right?

Well I am thinking of going independent the next time around and I am going to write my elected representative and give him an ear full.

I HAVE HAD IT......................
Welcome to the world of politics... We have been suffering the same here in the UK, due to poor politics from all politicians and the beurocratic self-serving monstrosity that is the European Union...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 am

Those who were elected as political representatives of the people took a pledge.. "of the people, by the people, and for the people".. but most of those air-heads do not honor that pledge! They are more interested in special "pork-barrel" projects that waste taxpayer money and time.. and have little benefit for the masses. One political faction wants to 'protect' their wealthy friends.. while another political faction wants to 'reduce' deficit rise, and another to cut certain public programs.
This "fiscal cliff" was looming more than six months ago.. yet politicians each wanted their own process on it! The majority of US citizens earn less than $70,000.00 US dollars per year.. and have to maintain mortgage accounts, secure their homes and families against hardships. Imagine if a mandatory income tax hike of 2% to 4% were to be enacted? A 'farm subsidy' policy was also set to expire, and with that the price of dairy products could have doubled.. or more! Assistance for the public as unemployment income or Social Security also were due to come under the "fiscal cliff" fallout! All too many senior citizens rely solely on Social Security income.. for all their needs!
Yet politicians guarantee themselves a full-salary 'pension for life' after just one term! And they have their own medical insurance programs, plus benefits that only they have access to.. not the public! How many of the total population has to otherwise work maybe 40 years to gain retirement status, with maybe half-pay?
No wonder Washington, D.C. is known as "foggy bottom".. so much bickering about nothing that no one knows what really is at hand!

But take heart, citizens.. maybe the light at the end of the road is glowing a bit brighter. "Tentative" agreements have been reached, and our free-fall into a deeper recession may only be a mild stumble.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:56 pm

I know this is an old post but I just had to make another comment after reading more news today. It seems the more one pays attention to what is going on with our government the more I come away not trusting it. I wonder where it will all end..........if ever?
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:57 pm

You can always start a revolution, that is how the US was formed in the first place, remember?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:39 am

Not only the U. S. government, most countries are in dire straits. The world's economy is intertwined and dependent on its balance of traded goods and services. Unfortunately, some governments want to play "old school" deals, more concerned with what the reps get for themselves rather than "for the good of the populace".
The U. S. government again faces a budget deadline of October 2013, and if not acted on properly and expeditiously, it could face a severe shut down! But what do politicians care, if the government is shut down? They set up their own "safety net" of finances so they won't be too affected. Meanwhile, the rest of us will have to scrounge for our daily needs.
The city of Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A. recently filed for bankruptcy protection.. more than $18 billion US dollars in debt! What was once a very prosperous city with great industry is now in serious trouble. What is next?
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/ ... 7620130802
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:41 am

I'm busy watching my healthcare disappear gradually.......
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:01 am

i'm busy watching my retirement age escalate...rapidly.

just this last year i lost 7 years worth of retirement benefits due to changes.

my estimated retirement age was 58 or 59 about 7-8 years ago...now it's at least 68, but more likely 70. that's if there's no more changes.
using a very short-term trend-line it's more likely that my retirement age will be mid-to-late 80's. :o

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Roach412 wrote:I'm busy watching my retirement age escalate...rapidly

Indeed, 99% of the "working class" is in the same situation!
I retired more than 15 years ago, and thought I had a "good" pension forecast. And I applied for Social Security when available. But the cost of living caught up to the stipends. Thankfully, COLA (cost-of-living allowance) increases have kept me ahead of the "reaper".
The funding for SS is dwindling, due to a greater number of applicants, and government "fiddling" that siphons funds to useless other projects. The age for applicable SS benefits will rise from age 62 to age 80 over the years, truly. But check if you can apply for "early" benefits at a reduce rate until the desired "full" benefits period. And yes, payments into pension funds and SS have increased greatly over the years.. trying to keep pace with the inflated cost of products and services. Vicious circle! The old ways of living might have been the best.. "You reap what you sow", in preparing for the years ahead.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:28 am

Karlsweldt wrote:[The funding for SS is dwindling, due to a greater number of applicants, and government "fiddling" that siphons funds to useless other projects. The age for applicable SS benefits will rise from age 62 to age 80 over the years, truly.

my anticipation has always been that i will never see social security. whatever does come from that, i've already pre-allocated to my beer fund.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset