need motherboard help asap

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

need motherboard help asap

Postby Ben1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:37 am

hi i was looking to get an asus v premium motherboard but the website i was geting it from says its now discontinued and im looking to get it from the website because it does buy now pay later so i was wondering of someone could do me a massive fav go to aria.co.uk and look at the curent boards they have there and tell me what youse would recomend thats just as good as the asus as im unsure and need some help or if anyone knows any other website that you can buy parts pay later could u let me know :triplets:
Ben1234
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:46 am

We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ben1234 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:54 am

yes that is the board i was originally going to get but the website says its been discontinued so i need to get another one from this site so any help would be amazing
Ben1234
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:53 am

None of those comes close. None of them has 4 PCIexpress x16 slots. Is there a special reason you want to order with these people? Or would a different supplier for the P8Z77V Premium solve your problem too?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ben1234 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:13 am

The reason i want to purchase from this site is because you get the option of buy now pay later and atm the 12 months would be great way t save the cash and do a build i want to do asap so if you new anywhere else that offers a buy now pay later on pc parts id haply use them . i was considering this board what u think MSI Z87-G45 GAMING Intel Z87 (Socket 1150) ATX Motherboard
Ben1234
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby vinerey » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:08 am

honestly, i would not do any "buy now pay later".

in one year the components will be worth half the price but you will still struggle to pay the full price.

In one year many things can happen that will make it difficult to pay it then. better get a system that you can afford...

there are many reasonable price motherboards out there that cost only a few bugs and still have great quality. get a entry level board from msi or asus or get a better one from biostar for the same price. That would be a wise decision instead of paying later.
vinerey
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:11 am

A "buy now, pay later" deal always looks good.. at first glance. But unless you read the details of the deal, you could be adding up to 24.99% more than the actual price in interest charges! If interest is deferred until payment time, it may be a decent deal. But put aside the equivalent payments as escrow until needed. Also check for any "prepayment" penalties! Use a Pay Pal account or internationally accepted credit/debit card to make purchases. Any interest amount above 17% is considered high, for any extended payment plans.

Asus motherboards are not the only offerings.. there are other brands, as good, better or worse. Always do a compare before purchase.
Any motherboard that is discontinued may have had issues.. and was probably replaced with a newer design. Or the provider could no longer realize profit in the market.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby vinerey » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Any motherboard that is discontinued may have had issues.. and was probably replaced with a newer design. Or the provider could no longer realize profit in the market.

i think thats not true. technology is progressing fast. why should a manufacturer continue a board that is already outdated? so it is wise to start new series and versions based on the current level of standard and knowledge.

for example, people complain that biostar puts many versions of their motherboards out, but i think that is the most honest thing they can do. Other manufacturers are doing the same but they do it below the table without any notice. thats the difference.

Almost no motherboard is running perfectly right from the start. many bugs can be fixed through bios updates. Those that cannot require new versions.
vinerey
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to General