*solved* ASUS P8P67-M BIOS Update Reading Failed

Moderator: The Mod Squad

*solved* ASUS P8P67-M BIOS Update Reading Failed

Postby Tr1pst3r » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 am

I was planning to update the BIOS to version v3701 using Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility v01.04.
My motherboard is a P8P67-M P67 B3 Revision. (UPC: 6108317973 / part number : 90-MIBDVA-G0UAY0DZ)

When I was planning to do the update i did not have a USB with me that time, so I searched and saw a video that you could access the ROM file from the HDD. So that's

what I did. This is also I believe the begining of the problem and my mistake. After selecting the ROM from the Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility v01.04, the EZ Flash Utility

said Update successful and the computer would restart. After the restart my computer would just keep going back to EZ Flash Utility and a window saying "Reading

Failed!".

I've rebooted and just keeps going back to EZ Flash while saying "Reading Failed!"

There is no way to enter the BIsOS settings.
I have tried to select the original BIOS from the Support CD but it just says it's outdated.

Whenever I move the mouse a message : "reading failed" appears. Though I am ABLE to navigate through my PS2 keyboard.

Is there anyway I could fix this issue?
How can I get my system back to work?
Will this be fixed if I update propperly through a USB stick?

Since the incident I have not yet turned on my PC hoping to find the right way to solve this before I turn it back on.

Thank you for your help in advance and hoping I could still save my system. :)

P.S. I'm new to this BIOS stuff and I admit that what I did, not backing up my BIOS and not following proper protocols was stupid and noobish. Pardon my ignorance. :)

Mobo = ASUS P8P67-M rev3.0 P67 B3 revision
BIOS type = EFI Bios v1.03
BIOS version = v1.03
CPU = Intel i7-2600k
RAM = RIP Jaws 4gbx2
Last edited by Tr1pst3r on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tr1pst3r
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Toby B. » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:36 am

The fact the board gets that far is a good sign as far as I know.. If you save the stuff onto a USB stick like intended, it should fix itself..

The question remains, what exactly were you attempting to fix by updating your BIOS??
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tr1pst3r » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 pm

Just makin' sure, so I'll just do the propper procedure and it's gonna fix itself? :) and what is the "stuff" should be inside the USB? the ROM that I used to update it with? :)

Before I had this problem, every time my flash player crashes my computer shutsdown. By shutdown, it propperly shutsdown itself. To the point that I just open any webpage with a flash content, the flash loads and then crashes immediately. So I tried to looked for a solution and found 1 in a forum, tried to give it a shot and made things worse. :lol: :)
Tr1pst3r
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 am

Always best to get help and hints from the true source. Some forums may only be a discussion platform, with no true record of proven results. Maybe a suggestion worked once, but every time? Every situation may be different.

After a BIOS flash, it is important to reset all features to default. The only way to ensure this is to pull the power plug from the PSU, attempt a few starts to drain reserves. Then remove the BIOS battery and use the provided jumper to ensure a true revert to default.
Reverse the process, power up and go into the BIOS pages promptly to reset all conditions to how the system is built.
Updating a BIOS while the OS is active is not advised. The BIOS is a BASIC program, and may become corrupt if the OS has control over the process.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 am

by "stuff"... Depending on the process, the necessary files will be loaded onto the media (CD, DVD, floppy, USB stick, etc.)
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tr1pst3r » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Thank you for everyone's help! Just wanna let you guys know I was able to fix it by flashing it again propperly with a USB stick! Thank you for the time! :D :D
Tr1pst3r
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to BIOS