The Mother Board
*solved* ASUS P8P67-M BIOS Update Reading Failed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tr1pst3r
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: *solved* ASUS P8P67-M BIOS Update Reading Failed Reply with quote

I was planning to update the BIOS to version v3701 using Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility v01.04.
My motherboard is a P8P67-M P67 B3 Revision. (UPC: 6108317973 / part number : 90-MIBDVA-G0UAY0DZ)

When I was planning to do the update i did not have a USB with me that time, so I searched and saw a video that you could access the ROM file from the HDD. So that's

what I did. This is also I believe the begining of the problem and my mistake. After selecting the ROM from the Asus EZ Flash 2 Utility v01.04, the EZ Flash Utility

said Update successful and the computer would restart. After the restart my computer would just keep going back to EZ Flash Utility and a window saying "Reading

Failed!".

I've rebooted and just keeps going back to EZ Flash while saying "Reading Failed!"

There is no way to enter the BIsOS settings.
I have tried to select the original BIOS from the Support CD but it just says it's outdated.

Whenever I move the mouse a message : "reading failed" appears. Though I am ABLE to navigate through my PS2 keyboard.

Is there anyway I could fix this issue?
How can I get my system back to work?
Will this be fixed if I update propperly through a USB stick?

Since the incident I have not yet turned on my PC hoping to find the right way to solve this before I turn it back on.

Thank you for your help in advance and hoping I could still save my system. lachen

P.S. I'm new to this BIOS stuff and I admit that what I did, not backing up my BIOS and not following proper protocols was stupid and noobish. Pardon my ignorance. lachen

Mobo = ASUS P8P67-M rev3.0 P67 B3 revision
BIOS type = EFI Bios v1.03
BIOS version = v1.03
CPU = Intel i7-2600k
RAM = RIP Jaws 4gbx2

Last edited by Tr1pst3r on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact the board gets that far is a good sign as far as I know.. If you save the stuff onto a USB stick like intended, it should fix itself..

The question remains, what exactly were you attempting to fix by updating your BIOS??
DSL/Cable Webserver
Tr1pst3r
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just makin' sure, so I'll just do the propper procedure and it's gonna fix itself? lachen and what is the "stuff" should be inside the USB? the ROM that I used to update it with? lachen

Before I had this problem, every time my flash player crashes my computer shutsdown. By shutdown, it propperly shutsdown itself. To the point that I just open any webpage with a flash content, the flash loads and then crashes immediately. So I tried to looked for a solution and found 1 in a forum, tried to give it a shot and made things worse. lol lachen
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always best to get help and hints from the true source. Some forums may only be a discussion platform, with no true record of proven results. Maybe a suggestion worked once, but every time? Every situation may be different.

After a BIOS flash, it is important to reset all features to default. The only way to ensure this is to pull the power plug from the PSU, attempt a few starts to drain reserves. Then remove the BIOS battery and use the provided jumper to ensure a true revert to default.
Reverse the process, power up and go into the BIOS pages promptly to reset all conditions to how the system is built.
Updating a BIOS while the OS is active is not advised. The BIOS is a BASIC program, and may become corrupt if the OS has control over the process.
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by "stuff"... Depending on the process, the necessary files will be loaded onto the media (CD, DVD, floppy, USB stick, etc.)
DSL/Cable Webserver
Tr1pst3r
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for everyone's help! Just wanna let you guys know I was able to fix it by flashing it again propperly with a USB stick! Thank you for the time! big grin big grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> BIOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: