BIOS screen after power loss, ASUS Sabertooth 990fx

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Sun May 12, 2013 8:58 am

You need to go to the Advanced tab, and then to "APM." In APM, you want to set ErP Ready to DISABLED. Once you've done that, other options might appear (they do in the non-EVO), including "Restore AC Power Loss." Set that option to "Power On" or "Last State" if you want it to go back on if it was on, or stay off if it was off.

Something about this should be in the motherboard manual in the BIOS section. Keywords are APM and ErP.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Areiks » Sun May 12, 2013 10:25 am

I dont understand what do you mean. I already said that i have turned on the "restore ac power loss" option. Computer is turning on automatically, the problem is it is always booting to efi bios after turning off power (not turning off computer - on this everything is ok, I mean taking plug from the wall). I need it to boot into os all the time, even in case power failure. I have very restricted access to this machine and this board is useless for me if it is unable to boot after power loss.
Areiks
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun May 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Once you DISABLE ErP you get more legacy power options and one of them should be to ignore all errors and just boot the OS like in the old days (always power on).
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Areiks » Sun May 12, 2013 2:53 pm

I have already ErP disabled, only options i get are power on options (eg. power on after ac loss, power on ps/2 etc).

This gives me nothing, always power on is not "boot os like old days", it just turns computer on when power is present.

I have already always power on option and after i take out the plug from the wall and plug it in, computer turns on and annoying EFI BIOS screen is shown, it wont boot until i hit esc and enter...

What a crappy board O.o

Also I dont have any option like "ignore all errors and boot"
Areiks
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon May 13, 2013 8:03 am

Have you checked that the "CLR CMOS" jumper is in the 'normal' position?
Motherboards may be shipped with the jumper in the 'clear' position, to ensure test settings are set to default, and that the battery is good when sold.
The manual for this model is available at Asus Download site. ( E6674_SABERTOOTH_990FX_V2_u.zip )
On page 2-18 there is a diagram of where the jumper is, and the pin connections.
If the jumper is not in its 'normal' position, all BIOS settings will revert to default whenever power is turned off to the system. If you note the data and time being wrong on each power-up, that is a solid clue.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 pm

page 3-27 in the manual:
Wait for F1 on error is set to Disabled?

We're clutching at straws here...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to BIOS