Antique PC BIOS Update

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows Update

Postby mooresmsr » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 am

evasive,

went through windows update (control panel) and don't have kb982526 installed as a separate entity. I went to microsoft and searched for the same number, and there's a bunch of stuff about SP1 for .NET updating, and others having trouble with kb982526 actually installing. A bit confusing, since there aren't any dates with the entries, other that those the user put into the body of the post. Is this part of a larger update that I just can't see? I'd like to uninstall SOMETHING that might help the board run, just don't know what that is.

Got a fill-in-the-sheet-and-fax offer from visiontek to charge me $20 for shipping to swap for a new card, which seems reasonable. I think I'm going to do it, just to eliminate the card as the ultimate problem. More as the process continues.
mooresmsr
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:12 am

To see what actually was sent to your system as 'updates', go to the Microsoft Update site.. there you can find a 'history' link, and all updates that were installed or somehow failed, will be listed.
That kb982526 update is related to NET framework operation.. and there have been many reported problems with it.
Look in the parent Windows directory.. there should be a folder with that name, as an 'uninstall' option.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to BIOS