Windows Blue

Discussions, problem solving, and tips and trick for operating systems go here. Windows, Mac, and Linux are ok. If you want to fight or put down an OS go to The Hundred Year War Forum. It will not be tolerated here. Make sure to post what OS is being discussed in the title of your post.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Windows Blue

Postby c327 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:18 am

I have been reading a little about Windows Blue or what ever the next O.S. will be called. Not to much is really being said about it, seems like more questions than fact.

Not looking forward to leaving XP when the support for it stops. Also not looking forward to using Windows 8 which to me is Vista with a pretty or different face.

I am looking forward to an O.S. that is clean and mean and was hoping that the next Windows O.S. in Windows Blue would have something along those lines. Not interested in it having a pretty face. Is that too much to ask for ?????

So does anyone have any inside information on the next Windows O.S. called Blue or what ever it's name.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:13 am

It seems there's going to be a major rebuild of some sort from the core components so no more Vista rubbish inside.

http://www.windowsblue.com/2013/03/wind ... nd-basefs/
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:14 am

After reading evasives link with interest, I came across an article that said it will be called Windows 8.1 a refreshed Windows 8 and due out in August ???

Not posting the link because it has other comments within it
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:49 am

No OS version, regardless of what platform or type of system intended for, has a very long life expectancy without "patches" or "fixes". To a certain point, this is good. But at some point the entire OS needs to be redone, or totally done over from scratch.
With the current trend toward portable devices and WiFi links, the keyboard is now mostly absent from tablets and E books.. only 'virtual' if needed, on the screen. So the OS needs to have haptic interface features as default. Integrating them into older OS versions may not be the best method.. so a total revision of the OS with a "new" version is required. Unfortunately, many older systems do not have the memory capacity or CPU power to meet the basic requirements of the newer OS versions. Yes, the 'necessities' of life can be expensive! This can be called the "electronic age" or the "digital age" of our existence. Even the Jetsons might be confused, trying to find the right "cloud"!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:49 am

c327 wrote:After reading evasives link with interest, I came across an article that said it will be called Windows 8.1 a refreshed Windows 8 and due out in August ???

Yep, something along those lines:
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/ ... t_matters_
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Operating Systems