North Korea

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

North Korea

Postby c327 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:41 am

Ok this has been in the news for a while now with some pretty strong and serious statements coming out of the mouth of Kim Jong Un's yapper.

Is it bluster as usual or is there really more to it? Has the United States gone soft or what?

N. Korea does have the 4th largest military in the world with 1,000,000. active well trained troops with another 4,000,000 on stand-by I believe. They have the makings of a bomb of all bombs but do they have the means to deliver it? For sure they have a lot of lead to throw but not much oil or food.

Keeping in mind that should this turn into a full scale war the United States will probably have to take on China also. So just how does the USA handle this ? I guess time will only tell for sure. Me thinks it should walk softly but carry a big stick. Wait for the first stone to be cast then act with just the necessary force required.

A ground war ??? I don't think so? Those folks will come out of the ground like fire ants when the s--t hits the fan. They might want to have their troops do a lot of neck exercises to build up their mussels in the neck because they gonna be looking up in the air most of the time.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:22 am

All other major countries and governments are nervous. This bellicose "sabre rattling" by North Korea is the most serious to date. Reportedly, N. Korea does have missiles that can reach up to 2,500 miles.. and might be nuclear-tipped capable. Obviously, this regime has not learned a lesson from previous use of nuclear weapons.. or acts of war.

And they are oblivious to the fact that many nations have similar or better missiles, and before the strike of their weapons, retaliatory missiles will be launched by other nations.. eradicating their presence.
China and Russia are truly concerned, and are intent on quelling this mindless gesturing.

No Sovereign or nation should have weapons capable of nuclear reaction. The results of nuclear weapons on Japan in WW II must have been forgotten! It likely will be many more centuries before some atomic test sites are considered "safe" to return to!

"In war, there are no winners.. only lesser losers."
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:35 am

china's been backpedaling on their support of NK for a while now. i'm not convinced that they are 100% behind NK if they start something...i thought i remembered seeing a news source publish such from a diplomatic communication.

while NK has a large army it doesn't have the food stuffs, fuel or logistical capabilities(or at least demonstrated) to wage a military action longer than a week or so without drastic assistance. with my prior comment in-context, they would be risking everything for a chance of "winning" for the time that their resources hold out.

in my biased opinion there's absolutely no winning for NK. SK nationals would wage a guerilla resistance for far too long and retain their national identity - long enough for the world to respond(this is a totally different scenario than syria also). if NK could quash them quickly and completely then perhaps...but, the US wouldn't allow the entirety of SK to be taken - and i don't think NK has the aerial capabilities to both defend their assests and support taking new territory in an offensive.

and...to be honest, china doesn't have much to gain from NK taking SK. they already steal all the intellectual property from successful SK companies, so getting their hands on the physical assets doesn't really provide that much incentive. most of the manufacturing plants/hubs would be destroyed in a military operation anyways - so those are a giant waste as well.

my gut says NK will do nothing, maybe some stupid provocation - which everyone is pretty well prepared for anyways. if they step over the line, then i'm expecting extreme response - especially once china and russia both say they want nothing to do with the tantrum child that is NK. i'm willing to bet there's significant back-room discussions that have been going on for a long time getting assurances from both of those countries that they will be held responsible for any involvement.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War