motherboard for heated seat buick lucerne

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

motherboard for heated seat buick lucerne

Post by atsproperty »

I have traced a non working heated seat problem to the control module. took it out and its just a small motherboard. I can read M1305A and 84D41852Z01 Would anyone here be able to help me find a place to fix it or buy another one at a good price?
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Karlsweldt »

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
No results of a search for either ID numbers. Likely it is a specific part available only at a dealer that sells General Motors cars, but if more than 4 years old, may be an after-market item from specialty outlets. Or check local salvage yards. While a vehicle may be "totaled" from an accident, the electronics and other items may still be good.
Did find this link concerning the control module.. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t26558_ds491955
[email protected] to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by atsproperty »

Appreciate the help - I have seen that posted link myself and have posted questions there as well. Thank you tho.
Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Hardware Junkie »

In this case your probably looking at testing individual components to make sure they are not blown, burnt or faulty. I'd start with a volt and amp meter and work my way up from there. Failing that its probably not worth the effort to fix.
[i]"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier[/i]

[url=http://www.windowfarms.org/][img]http://homegrown.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/window-farm-iconic3-150x150.jpg[/img][/url]
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by atsproperty »

Ill have to find somewhere to get that done. Would you say a pc repair shop should be able to handle that?
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by Roach412 »

they probably would, but they're going to probably charge a significant amount. my recollection is $50-$75 just to put it on a table and look at it. then an additional $50+ per 30 minutes of diagnostics.

if the board is simple enough they probably could figure it out in short-order. however, if it's simple enough then you probably can just grab a $5-10 meter yourself and figure it out with a friend that understands electronics.

i would check for local scrap yards, pay the entry fee to get in (if there is one) and scrounge up a few from busted cars. it'll cost you less i would expect than having somebody from a repair shop look at it.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Hardware Junkie »

Actually I'd bring it to a mechanic. They'll probably quote getting the seat replaced but at least your more likely to have it working.
Failing that try putting out a few feelers at local electronic stores (not places like Radioshack, but real ones like Active) maybe you'll find an enthusiast.
[i]"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier[/i]

[url=http://www.windowfarms.org/][img]http://homegrown.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/window-farm-iconic3-150x150.jpg[/img][/url]
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Karlsweldt »

Some further browsing notes the seat heater module as part # 20806164 for GM products.. average retail price is over $300.00 USD!!!!!
But suggestions are to first ensure power flows to the module properly.. check if it could be a poor connection with a power socket/plug.. or possibly the thermal sensor lead or control lead, or a bad component on the module. The heating element should have no problem with burn-out, but do a series test with an auto lamp bulb similar to that used with back-up lamps.. the filament type, not the LED type. RV outlets have standard-base lamp bulbs in 10 watt and 30 watt sizes, at 12 volts.. and with a pigtail socket, make a handy automotive circuit tester!
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Post by atsproperty »

Thanks for the advice. There is a burnt looking pin (not sure what to call it) and on the socket/plug in the same pin slot its smoke brown color. if i knew how to upload a pic here I would. I have a pic on this site http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion ... een+posted.

Editted: Image Added from Post -- HWJ
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Karlsweldt »

atsproperty wrote:Thanks for the advice. There is a burnt looking pin (not sure what to call it) and on the socket/plug in the same pin slot its smoke brown color.
The link is valid, if copied and entered to a browser box. But 'images' links require a different association versus site URL addresses.
For actual images, use the tool tip for "Img" after highlighting the entire URL string.. [img]*.*.*[/img]. But since certain characters are improper for a URL string, the result may not come forth.

As to the "burnt looking" pin and darkened socket parts, definitely there was a poor connection.. resulting in resistive heating and loss of power or control. An electronics supply outlet should have the identical socket and pin types. Or try a salvage yard, looking at a vehicle that is similar yet has good connectors. Splice in the "good" parts with regular wire splices and proper crimp too.
Not too uncommon for a computer power plug/socket to experience the same problem! There is not much tension on the female socket part, and any resistance can cause heat deterioration with heavy current.