No video signal

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

No video signal

Postby DrydenT » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:18 am

I am building a new computer and I am getting no video signal from my ASRock G41C VS motherboard. I have no signal even from the on board graphics card.
DrydenT
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 am

What processor are you using?
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?c ... el=G41C-VS
Did you connect the 4pin connector near the CPU?
What memory are you using?
http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/G41C-VS.pdf
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DrydenT » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:41 am

I have a old pentium dual core processor. I had no problem in my old case I just moved the motherboard to a new case but I am not sure if I have plugged all the right cables back in
DrydenT
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Hardware Junkie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:24 am

Manual is here.
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?c ... el=G41C-VS

As long as you have the power to the board and hooked up the motherboard power button properly it should boot up.
Might be a short in the new case, could try it back in the old one or out of the case entirely.
Start with the basics, just the power supply and motherboard hooked up with the power button.
Your CPU and memory should already be installed, and you have onboard video on that board. I'd also hook up a PC speaker so you can hear if its booting properly.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby rascard2007 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 am

Check the stand-off screws in the computer case for some in short circuit. An improper matched stand-off can stop system from booting.
"I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college"
-Wrapped Around Your Fingers-
-The Police-
rascard2007
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:29 am

Only those board holes with solder rings top and bottom should be used to mount a motherboard. Avoid use of any other holes, unless use of a fiber insulating washer is added on top and bottom. If a standoff mount cannot be moved, then four layers of electrical tape can cover it. But also use a thin fiber washer to ensure the tape does not get penetrated and cause a short. Also, when installing the board.. ensure those grounding tongues on the back plate adapter are NOT finding their way into LAN or USB ports!!!!!!
If all the physical aspects of the install are proper, then check the 'power good' lead from the PSU. It presents a +5 volt signal to the timer circuits, to allow activation. If too low, no activity. Use only a digital meter to measure the voltage to a black (ground) lead from that gray lead. Recommended only for testing purposes, use a 47-ohm 1/2 watt resistor bridged from a +5 volt source to that lead. If life now appears, the PSU may be faulty.. or there is a problem with the motherboard control circuit. The latter is not easily fixed.
You could do a test setup on a plain wooden or cardboard platform, to see if the board is indeed working. If it worked before, it should still work. But ensure the processor is properly seated, and memory too.. in the first pair of memory slots.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support