motherboard for heated seat buick lucerne

The place to post if you are having trouble identifying your motherboard.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

motherboard for heated seat buick lucerne

Postby atsproperty » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I have traced a non working heated seat problem to the control module. took it out and its just a small motherboard. I can read M1305A and 84D41852Z01 Would anyone here be able to help me find a place to fix it or buy another one at a good price?
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:08 am

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
No results of a search for either ID numbers. Likely it is a specific part available only at a dealer that sells General Motors cars, but if more than 4 years old, may be an after-market item from specialty outlets. Or check local salvage yards. While a vehicle may be "totaled" from an accident, the electronics and other items may still be good.
Did find this link concerning the control module.. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-t26558_ds491955
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby atsproperty » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:27 am

Appreciate the help - I have seen that posted link myself and have posted questions there as well. Thank you tho.
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Hardware Junkie » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 am

In this case your probably looking at testing individual components to make sure they are not blown, burnt or faulty. I'd start with a volt and amp meter and work my way up from there. Failing that its probably not worth the effort to fix.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby atsproperty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:01 am

Ill have to find somewhere to get that done. Would you say a pc repair shop should be able to handle that?
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Roach412 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:47 am

they probably would, but they're going to probably charge a significant amount. my recollection is $50-$75 just to put it on a table and look at it. then an additional $50+ per 30 minutes of diagnostics.

if the board is simple enough they probably could figure it out in short-order. however, if it's simple enough then you probably can just grab a $5-10 meter yourself and figure it out with a friend that understands electronics.

i would check for local scrap yards, pay the entry fee to get in (if there is one) and scrounge up a few from busted cars. it'll cost you less i would expect than having somebody from a repair shop look at it.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GTX 660ti
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 512gb SATAIII SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Sennheiser PC 350 Headset
Saitek Eclipse II
Logitech MX518
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Hardware Junkie » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:20 am

Actually I'd bring it to a mechanic. They'll probably quote getting the seat replaced but at least your more likely to have it working.
Failing that try putting out a few feelers at local electronic stores (not places like Radioshack, but real ones like Active) maybe you'll find an enthusiast.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:48 am

Some further browsing notes the seat heater module as part # 20806164 for GM products.. average retail price is over $300.00 USD!!!!!
But suggestions are to first ensure power flows to the module properly.. check if it could be a poor connection with a power socket/plug.. or possibly the thermal sensor lead or control lead, or a bad component on the module. The heating element should have no problem with burn-out, but do a series test with an auto lamp bulb similar to that used with back-up lamps.. the filament type, not the LED type. RV outlets have standard-base lamp bulbs in 10 watt and 30 watt sizes, at 12 volts.. and with a pigtail socket, make a handy automotive circuit tester!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby atsproperty » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks for the advice. There is a burnt looking pin (not sure what to call it) and on the socket/plug in the same pin slot its smoke brown color. if i knew how to upload a pic here I would. I have a pic on this site http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion ... een+posted.

Editted: Image Added from Post -- HWJ
atsproperty
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:44 pm

atsproperty wrote:Thanks for the advice. There is a burnt looking pin (not sure what to call it) and on the socket/plug in the same pin slot its smoke brown color.

The link is valid, if copied and entered to a browser box. But 'images' links require a different association versus site URL addresses.
For actual images, use the tool tip for "Img" after highlighting the entire URL string.. [img]*.*.*[/img]. But since certain characters are improper for a URL string, the result may not come forth.

As to the "burnt looking" pin and darkened socket parts, definitely there was a poor connection.. resulting in resistive heating and loss of power or control. An electronics supply outlet should have the identical socket and pin types. Or try a salvage yard, looking at a vehicle that is similar yet has good connectors. Splice in the "good" parts with regular wire splices and proper crimp too.
Not too uncommon for a computer power plug/socket to experience the same problem! There is not much tension on the female socket part, and any resistance can cause heat deterioration with heavy current.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Motherboard Identification Forum