Where Did Everybody Go ????

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Hardware Junkie » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 am

I am not going to be held responsible for profs addiction to WoW still.
I got out and so did BW last I checked, unless he had a relapse.

For me, its more that the PC world has become to easy. Gone are the days where you would need a manual just so you could make sure you could adjust the dip switches properly on your mobo.
I used to spend hours and hours here, just refreshing the page to try and make sure I would be first to respond to what ever post came up.

I don't know. Maybe I will make a come back. I am starting to get a lot more free time during work hours. :lol:
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:43 am

For a while WoW took over my life, but I finally gave up when they tweaked the dungeon settings in WoTLK. Also, working shift work for almost 5 years took its toll as well.

I haven't done a whole lot with computers in ages. Been blowing up code when I get a chance but thats been about it.. Now I am in the unemployed sector and looking for work so I can pay the bills.
Compaq-Fu Master
Other sites:
Hydrocephalus-Talk
DSL/Cable Webserver
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:34 am

I am going to bump this thread for the simple reason as of recently the forum has been a lot quieter than normal - no idea why? :o I look in every day and for the last few days there have been so few posts its depressing. I guess its welcome to the world of Tablets where its all done for you...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:54 am

Mr T wrote:... recently the forum has been a lot quieter than normal...

Indeed it has!
Maybe one reason is that this is the start of a "holiday" season.. where most people are out looking for gift bargains for friends (and themselves) in a shopping frenzy. Typically starts the last week or so of November, and lasts through the beginning of January.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 am

the permanent leave of Elric/Doc Overclock might contribute too. I don't know if I can produce charts/trends of the number of postings throughout the year so we can compare with previous years, it's very possible this is the pre-holiday season and we'll see a peak just after christmas.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby bdub » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:06 am

i wonder if other forums are having the same issues?
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD athlonII X3 440
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
bdub
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby evasive » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:20 am

Good point in this day and age of twitter/facebook/youtube...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 am

I'm going to comment on my own post....

Been here a while and I have had the opportunity to read many threads and communicate with some folks here. What I see is young members getting older and moving on with their education, getting married/divorced, going in the service, and folks finding other interests.

Traveling on the road through life has many bends, turns, and at time it may be rough going with a few surprises, disappointments and heartaches along the way. Twitter and Facebook I would think has had a negative effect on folks being more active here. Also it seem many folks became members here to find answers to their computer problems (me included) but as time went on folks like myself learned more about PC's and that resulted in fewer questions but for me I still visit often just to read what folks have to say.

Happy Motoring, and make the best of what you have.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Pette Broad » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:53 am

Just don't have the enthusiasm I once had. Good to see some of the old faces are still here though :D

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Twisty » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:19 am

The forum appears to be even quieter now. Is there anybody still around? It is saddening that this forum is no longer the hive of activity it once was. The rise of Social media is a key reason, but there are other forums that are still doing well.

I appreciate I am part of the problem myself though, I don't log in for months at a time, but then have a flurry of activity every once in a while.

I'm not always fiddling with computers like I once was, I just have too many other commitments. I have a bit of a build log that I will be updating soon though.
- Webster - :tongue8:
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Previous

Return to The Water Cooler