The Mother Board
Increased team points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smurfcorpse
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Increased team points Reply with quote

It looks like some members are coming back! big grin I haven't been to the forum in a long time but I kept folding. The first rig I built with help from the forum is still running! It's getting close to 9 years and it's been folding for the entire time! eek I just recently removed folding from that PC.

I lost points from PS3 folding as they have discontinued folding on the PS3 and I had a couple of older folding PCs die on me.

A few months back I'd decided to start a new build to replace my media center PC. I just bought the CPU (phenom Quad core) and that was it. I then found an HP at woot for $480.00 bucks. It has 3.5 GHz AMD FX6120 6 core CPU, 10 GB of ram and a TB HD. I decided I couldn't build a PC with those specs for that price so I bought it. It was a refurb and I admit I'll likely update the PSU and GPU later but I still think it was a good deal.

Then Black November deals at Newegg caught my eye. I could update an older PC with just a MOBO and some ram. All total I was able to get a CPU, board and 8Gb of ram for for around 180 bucks. So now I've added the quad core to the fold.

It's always funny until someone loses an Operating System!
Twisty
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting cold. Need to keep the computer crunching numbers to stop the place from icing up wink

I hope the new CPU's work well for you.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice deal on your system! Nothing beats the satisfaction of a DIY build!!

Installed the latest F@H program on my system.. a P4 2.8 Prescott on an ASRock Conroe 865PE, and average about 200 ppd. When XP is officially 'orphaned' next April, will consider an upgrade to multi-core and PCI-E for increased points.
Any contributions to the F@H program means an understanding of why proteins fold in abnormal ways to become diseases, and how that can be corrected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mother Board Forum Index -> Motherboards.org Folding Team All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: